LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Justiceforcedave said:

Curious wording from T&C field! Could be talking generally or could suggest an announcement is coming shortly? You decide!

If you wanted to look for patterns, a couple of times in the past T&C have been the first area to drop after the Resale. And the other areas to be "first after" have been Silver Hayes and Avalon, both of which we already have.

Surely it’s full steam ahead from tomorrow onwards. Resale out of the way, the spotlight falls on individual stage announcements and the map. I think we’ll see things ramp up on the build from 1st May. 

Edited by kalifire

Gimme that map bitches!!!

With all the rumours of comings and goings of stages etc I’m looking forward to seeing what’s changed. 

Will Arcadia be the same as last year? Has WG definitely gone? If so what’s it been replaced with? Is Woodsies an actual area or just the same tent but NOT named after a nonce?

Exciting times.

I've said before but I reckon we won't get the map unless it comes with an announcement, how else will they explain the spaces where Cineramageddon and the WG stage were?

Unless of course they leave those bits as they are on the first version of the map, like they did the year Pangea replaced the spider. 

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've said before but I reckon we won't get the map unless it comes with an announcement, how else will they explain the spaces where Cineramageddon and the WG stage were?

They don't need to explain Cineramageddon. The fact it's missing is something that'll get noticed here and places with similar levels of obsession, but be of little to no interest for 90%+ of people with tickets. Basically - for the most part the people who'll care will long since know.

WG probably would need mentioning, if it means ones less majorish music stage - but that's not going to be nearly as obvious just from a map as it's not like they're going to turn the field over to public camping, they're still doing something else with (some of?) the space.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

They don't need to explain Cineramageddon. The fact it's missing is something that'll get noticed here and places with similar levels of obsession, but be of little to no interest for 90%+ of people with tickets. Basically - for the most part the people who'll care will long since know.

WG probably would need mentioning, if it means ones less majorish music stage - but that's not going to be nearly as obvious just from a map as it's not like they're going to turn the field over to public camping, they're still doing something else with (some of?) the space.

I guess the two things can be linked.  Here's the new Williams Green area, featuring the cars which have previously been at Cineramageddon*

*subject to it featuring the cars which have previously been at Cineramageddon!

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Unless of course they leave those bits as they are on the first version of the map, like they did the year Pangea replaced the spider. 

I don't think they'd explain any spaces disappearing, but I agree that if there's a new area/venue, if for example they have done something more with the Woodsies area to incorporate the camping ground there and made it a bigger space, I'd expect them to introduce it with an announcement before the map.

Would they perhaps release it first now that all the sales are out of the way?

A nice big thank you announcement for everyone paying up, perhaps?

41 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Im getting 404 not found on the Map website... https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/index.html 

Map incoming? 

It's still under the info tab on mine?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/

From the design at the top of that link you have, it looks like an outdated version. With the long squiggly colourful lines, from circa 2016?

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Like 1