LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

Not seen a single act at WG in 8 festivals. 

There was always a fair few I wanted to see, but invariably the smaller bands would miss out in the clash stakes. 

Outside of the Wed/Thurs, I'm the same, and even then I didn't see indie stuff. Feel like a lot of the line-up could easily be incorporated into Woodsies, Other, BBC introducing etc. Will be interested to see what happens.

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Outside of the Wed/Thurs, I'm the same, and even then I didn't see indie stuff. Feel like a lot of the line-up could easily be incorporated into Woodsies, Other, BBC introducing etc. Will be interested to see what happens.

BBCI yes, but Woodsies & Other not really. Both stages are massive and there's just nowhere an indie/alternative act could play before being big enough to play either of those. Obviously BBCI is their own genre-sprawling line up. 

For me, any replacement for WG wouldn't need to exclusively indie - as you say it wasn't necessarily anyway - but ideally would still provide a stage for those bands. Almost like a self-curated BBCI would be good.

Quite a few emerging indie bands I'd hope could be on the line-up this year but can't see where they'd fit in without WG.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

As per the comments I’m not sure this one is coming for a while 

Why is that? 

Surely the map is finished by now as they'd need it to be for so many reasons... Site build, App build etc etc.

Do you think they'll want a separate announcement for the rumoured WG change?

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Why is that? 

Surely the map is finished by now as they'd need it to be for so many reasons... Site build, App build etc etc.

Do you think they'll want a separate announcement for the rumoured WG change?

It was finished about a month or so ago … they are obviously delaying it for a reason 

19 minutes ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

BBCI yes, but Woodsies & Other not really. Both stages are massive and there's just nowhere an indie/alternative act could play before being big enough to play either of those. Obviously BBCI is their own genre-sprawling line up. 

For me, any replacement for WG wouldn't need to exclusively indie - as you say it wasn't necessarily anyway - but ideally would still provide a stage for those bands. Almost like a self-curated BBCI would be good.

Quite a few emerging indie bands I'd hope could be on the line-up this year but can't see where they'd fit in without WG.

Perhaps they're just moving it out of the way, incorporating it into a new Woodsies area? 

It's all speculation atm. No idea what's gonna happen.

The perceived problem with WG was that it was too popular on the Thursday, leading to overcrowding. I think we need to give the festival more credit than to assume they would take it away and replace it with nothing. That would just lead to anywhere else on site with acts on being far busier than they were already. It’s not like there is tumbleweed blowing through an empty Shangri La on a Thursday evening. Evolution can be a very good thing!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I created a thread yesterday called 'Unpopular Opinions - Glasto' something like that. It had 2-3 pages and now it has disappeared. Is there a deleted folder or something you can check?

its a shame that disappeared - i was enjoying that thread!

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I created a thread yesterday called 'Unpopular Opinions - Glasto' something like that. It had 2-3 pages and now it has disappeared. Is there a deleted folder or something you can check?

there isn't a deleted folder, if its been deleted its gone forever,sorry.

7 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

i checked the reported posts list, and found it therfe, they can be recovered, so it's been recovered.

apols for the cock-up.

3 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Has the Unpopular Opinion post been deleted or am I going mad? 

it had been deleted in error, and has now been restored.