LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

Sorry I meant Block 9, brain not switched on

Block9 are always one of the last if not the last major areas to drop, yet always very busy. I don't imagine they are all that fussed

2 hours ago, Barrioke said:

Last year was rammed as everyone is saying but they operate one in one out in the tent and it’s quite spacious inside. Last year we started outside the tent for the start of eats everything. Then as people left we moved closer to the entrance - helps to be friendly to security.

Then once we were in we stayed firmly rooted for eats, Baggy Mondays and Girls Don’t Sync. A great afternoon!

Watch the below from 3.15 onwards you can see us outside Stonebridge and then see inside it’s actually quite spacious.

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

Worth watching until the end! Really brings home how our Glastonburys are all so different!

It's a very similar vibe to mine (and probably most all-male groups of a certain age range), although a fair bit of Glade and occasionally SH for us as well.

Great video though I will be showing to the lads - who haven't been since 2019 - to whet the appetite!

29 minutes ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

It's a very similar vibe to mine (and probably most all-male groups of a certain age range), although a fair bit of Glade and occasionally SH for us as well.

Great video though I will be showing to the lads - who haven't been since 2019 - to whet the appetite!

Yeah exactly. Not sure mine would be worth watching. litter pick. litter pick. litter pick. 

3 hours ago, Barrioke said:

Last year was rammed as everyone is saying but they operate one in one out in the tent and it’s quite spacious inside. Last year we started outside the tent for the start of eats everything. Then as people left we moved closer to the entrance - helps to be friendly to security.

Then once we were in we stayed firmly rooted for eats, Baggy Mondays and Girls Don’t Sync. A great afternoon!

Watch the below from 3.15 onwards you can see us outside Stonebridge and then see inside it’s actually quite spacious.

Love this. Proper good vibes. Absolutely can't wait!!!!

I watched this a few days ago, really enjoyed it! 

I watch this video every few weeks. Gets me proper hyped. Are you chaps going this year? 

5 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Just a quick note to say thanks for vid, we watched it a few weeks ago and defo helped with the annual Glasto excitement build up here in casa de Dayman!

(In Degrees was a great song choice too and hats off for the clever cut to you lot singing Spice Up Your Life - it works very well 👌🏼)

5 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Worth watching until the end! Really brings home how our Glastonburys are all so different!

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Well, that's my exctiement cranked to 11!  What a fucking great video. 

3 hours ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

3 hours ago, thewomble said:

Love this. Proper good vibes. Absolutely can't wait!!!!

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I watched this a few days ago, really enjoyed it! 

Wow thanks everyone. I love watching videos to get me hyped up in the build up (or just generally when I’m having a bad day) so good to know you all enjoyed it!

Didn’t mean to derail the thread was just trying to show the Stonebridge busy-ness first hand

2 hours ago, Kinzinski said:

I watch this video every few weeks. Gets me proper hyped. Are you chaps going this year? 

Yeah thankfully managed to get three in the resale! Usually a bigger group but people made other plans after the clusterfuck of the main sale.

I’m actually looking forward to going as a smaller group though, will be different!

54 minutes ago, Barrioke said:

Wow thanks everyone. I love watching videos to get me hyped up in the build up (or just generally when I’m having a bad day) so good to know you all enjoyed it!

Didn’t mean to derail the thread was just trying to show the Stonebridge busy-ness first hand

Oddly typed in Glastonbury on YouTube and watched it the other day! Class

15 hours ago, Barrioke said:

Stonebridge, like any busy club/gig, is usually rammed at the entrance and then once you break through is much more reasonable. Everyone stops when it gets crowded - understandably - but is much easier/less crowded when you break through. 

That said; it was an absolute roadblock for Eats Everything & Fourtet last year. Hope the bigger tent & better scheduling reduces it.

This is why shifting Pylon Ground from public to staff camping annoyed me. They make such a big deal about encouraging the general public to arrive via buses and coaches, only to force them to walk halfway across the site with all their gear in order to pitch their tent. It is at best a mixed message, and likely to encourage some people with the option to come by car next time.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

This is why shifting Pylon Ground from public to staff camping annoyed me. They make such a big deal about encouraging the general public to arrive via buses and coaches, only to force them to walk halfway across the site with all their gear in order to pitch their tent. It is at best a mixed message, and likely to encourage some people with the option to come by car next time.

Agree - switching the camps nearest the coach station makes absolutely no sense

• Like 1

I know it's probably a little subjective, but which area is the more exciting or more sought after, Block9 or Glade?

Judging by the poster drops, they're doing it strategically to keep interest, e.g. separating Kidz Field and Glasto Latino with the big drop of the Park.

I'd say following KF, they'll go with either Glade/Block9, whichever is deemed smaller, or of less interest of the two, then a medium sized drop of Acoustic, then the bigger of either Glade/Block9.

And that it's all gonna happen in the next week, 22nd, 24th, 26th. Break over the bank holiday weekend, main poster drop Tuesday 30th.