LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

5 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Is this year particularly poor for people who like Guitar music?

Feels like a lot of pop and dance really. 

Seems like a lot of repeat and fairly uninspiring bookings such as Alt J, Royal Blood, Courteeners etc

Williams Green meeting its demise hasn’t helped matters. 

I love electronic music so not an issue for me, but I can see where you’re coming from.

6 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

The Steve Hillage Band 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Hoping this doesn't clash with Reg.

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

You've forgotten the best guitarist at the festival..

Steve Hillage.

Different styles completely but can't rule out Slash.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

who? says a whole generation.

Tbf most of my generation would say the same.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Yea, the Glade has always had the odd band on.

Always in the afternoon, none after dark.

Could've sworn Gong were a bit bandy last year.

8 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I was at 2015, how did I not see this I love PSB live

We legged it from Suede (who were immense) to the Glade and caught the last half and hour or so, it was rammed at the Glade from memory so couldn't get very close.... Looking at the 2015 line up, that was a pretty great line up in hindsight, Lionel Richtea, Burt Bacharach, Motorhead, Patti and the tongue licking God, Libertines, Spiritualised, Gregory Porter, Goat, Jon Hopkins, The Who, Wolf Alice, King Gizzard, The Fall, Suede, something for everyone that year, loads of clashes

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

We legged it from Suede (who were immense) to the Glade and caught the last half and hour or so, it was rammed at the Glade from memory so couldn't get very close.... Looking at the 2015 line up, that was a pretty great line up in hindsight, Lionel Richtea, Burt Bacharach, Motorhead, Patti and the tongue licking God, Libertines, Spiritualised, Gregory Porter, Goat, Jon Hopkins, The Who, Wolf Alice, King Gizzard, The Fall, Suede, something for everyone that year, loads of clashes

I watched Leftfield rather than Public Service Broadcasting. My mate went to PSB & said they were top.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I watched Leftfield rather than Public Service Broadcasting. My mate went to PSB & said they were top.

They are always great live, never seen them do a dull gig to be honest, they are really talented, and I couldn't think of a better stage for them than the Glade in the dark

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

They are always great live, never seen them do a dull gig to be honest, they are really talented, and I couldn't think of a better stage for them than the Glade in the dark

Agreed...except...

Saw them late afternoon at Latitude on the Sunday. Weather hadn't been great that day and their set had been in mostly showery drizzle and grey skies, despite them being great. And then...at the precise moment that the band came crashing back in after the radio silence during the middle of The Other Side, the sun burst through the clouds! The timing was unbelievable and the crowd went mental. It was quite the moment!

Ben

• Like 1

... sorry just remembered an even better stage they (PSB) played. Underneath The Lovell telescope at Jodrell Bank at the first ever Bluedot festival in 2016l! Now that was something else, perfection. Jeez that was a line up and a half for a festival in its first year, Jean-Michel Jarre, Underworld, Air, PSB, 65daysofstatic, Floating Points, Mercury Rev.... That got my eldest son into music that weekend, and he has never looked back and is now doing an A-level in music production (amongst others), so I will be forever thankful, happy times indeed that year

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Ah

Public Service Broadcasting are ace live

Not seen them live, but would certainly love to catch them.

My 1202 t-shirt will be worn again.

Loving the PSB love. John is a uni friend of my husband's and we saw 'them' (when it was just 'him') several times in pubs and bars before they got big. Such a lovely and talented guy, delighted for all their success. We even asked him to play our wedding and he said yes, but then realised he had a festival clash. So near yet so far...

48 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed...except...

Saw them late afternoon at Latitude on the Sunday. Weather hadn't been great that day and their set had been in mostly showery drizzle and grey skies, despite them being great. And then...at the precise moment that the band came crashing back in after the radio silence during the middle of The Other Side, the sun burst through the clouds! The timing was unbelievable and the crowd went mental. It was quite the moment!

Ben

7 minutes ago, coma girl said:

That was one of the best shows I have seen at Glastonbury, it just worked so well on that stage.

Loved that set, I'm a bit of a super fan think I've seen them 5 times since, wish they would appear at Glastonbury again!

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed...except...

Ben

Was there for that one too, as you say a special moment. The Divine Comedy were on after and the main guy from PSB was stood next to me watching.