LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

11 minutes ago, Ashl said:

I feel like I'd rather have paid £10 more to have it there so those bands get a chance.. I realise that is contentious in this cost of living crisis, but otherwise it seems hard to get your foot in the door at Glasto.

I mean, there's like a gagillion smaller stages where people can pop up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Anyone care to expand on the Glitterbox takeover at Greenpeace? Intrigued and love the area for late night stuff. Ta.

Originally an Ibiza-based promotion (from the Defected label) but has expanded across the world. Still predominantly on the White Isle (Sunday night residency at Hi) but they've branched out into curating areas at festivals here and there as well as nights at the likes of Ministry of Sound, Printworks and Warehouse Project. In addition to the names announced, expect the likes of Todd Terry, Jellybean Benitez, Roger Sanchez, Natasha Diggs, etc playing old school and nu-disco as well as your usual house classics. Big on production, dancers, etc. It'll be a party, no doubt.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Is there a reason they couldn't be one of the Saturday TBA's, do I remember hearing one of them has other commitments?

If so... Who do we think they are? 

Skrillex is in Romania on the Friday, also can't see them playing a small stage tbh after headlining Coachella, would be carnage

in other news I was just looking at the Hives' setlist from the other week to see what they're playing nowadays and the crowd sang happy birthday to Pelle who is now 44...... I'm actually surprised he is that YOUNG - feels like the Hives have been around forever (in a good way!)

I missed them last time they played the same slot as we got kettled in to a holding area coming into the fest from the CV fields - will make sure that doesn't happen this year!

5 minutes ago, Sbco100 said:

Skrillex is in Romania on the Friday, also can't see them playing a small stage tbh after headlining Coachella, would be carnage

It's a VERY controllable arena though... So it wouldn't be carnage, it'd just mean a lot of disappointed folk wouldn't get in. Even easier to control if it was the 3am slot. 

Can't see it myself, but I wouldn't say it was 'off the cards.' 

I'd personally rather Luude had one of those slots... But I don't think that's going to happen either... 😞

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Originally an Ibiza-based promotion (from the Defected label) but has expanded across the world. Still predominantly on the White Isle (Sunday night residency at Hi) but they've branched out into curating areas at festivals here and there as well as nights at the likes of Ministry of Sound, Printworks and Warehouse Project. In addition to the names announced, expect the likes of Todd Terry, Jellybean Benitez, Roger Sanchez, Natasha Diggs, etc playing old school and nu-disco as well as your usual house classics. Big on production, dancers, etc. It'll be a party, no doubt.

Cheers.  Sounds like that might be worth a look.  House classics. 👌

I went to a Gliterbox night at Hi in Ibiza a few years ago. It was absolutely incredible. I remember Simon Dunmore was DJ'ing in the toilets and dropped Ultra Nate while I was peakin' in a cubicle, absolute scenes.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Does anyone know when the full clashfinder will get updated by? I'd love to say I have the time to help out myself, but I don't! Sorry tp be 'that guy' !!

Generally halvin, I think the person who runs clashfinder.com, does a full import of the timings from the official page the same day. Last year's full clashfinder was done at 6.28pm when the lineup was posted at 10.55am.

2 hours ago, rosieangel said:

Interesting seeing some of the smaller stages just say 'open' on the wednesday - do we think that's to try and mitigate crowd issues?

I think those are ones that have bars in them so just confirming you can get a drink there even if nothing is on.