LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Do Abbey Extravaganza acts normally play Glastonbury? I’d maybe see Keane if they were playing.

I've always had a soft spot for Keane and 2019 Acoustic was a thing of absolute beauty.  Being up there the tent was filled with fans only and the singalongs where everyone knew every word was incredibly special.  I know they aren't everyone's cuppa milky tea but 😍

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, there was an account set up on Instagram recently which had a "giveaway" that a friend "followed and tagged a friend" in. No coincidence that GFL have posted this today. 

Some of it is really quite convincing . 

It would be lovely if for once we got the lineup really early this year, as Emily mentioned on the podcast with Annie Mac, does my head in having to wait for ages to get the full lineup, it's great being able to explore stuff on there that you haven't heard of and discover new music before heading down to Worthy 

48 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

It would be lovely if for once we got the lineup really early this year, as Emily mentioned on the podcast with Annie Mac, does my head in having to wait for ages to get the full lineup, it's great being able to explore stuff on there that you haven't heard of and discover new music before heading down to Worthy 

I'm finding it more frustrating that for around the past 5 years or so we've had something before Christmas, albeit a headliner of one of the stages or Legend slot - but absolutely nothing so far this time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I'm finding it more frustrating that for around the past 5 years or so we've had something before Christmas, albeit a headliner of one of the stages or Legend slot - but absolutely nothing so far this time.

Tell us the lineup as we're walking through the gate 😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Logically I can see why this is the case this year:

Dua has a tour coming at some point this year that she’d want to partially sell before being announced.

Coldplay are festival regulars so not much point in giving them their own announcement to a sea of groans. 

Stevie a late replacement for Madonna and is apparently gonna have his own BST date to sell.

Shania not the most mind blowing legend so probably not worth her own announcement either.

Tbh I was kind of hoping Emily would drop some smaller acts in one of her interviews like she did with Little Simz and Lana in the past, and I suppose there’s still time for that, but I’m expecting all the headliners to come at once with the full lineup drop come March. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Dua has a tour coming at some point this year that she’d want to partially sell before being announced.

Coldplay are festival regulars so not much point in giving them their own announcement to a sea of groans. 

Stevie a late replacement for Madonna and is apparently gonna have his own BST date to sell.

Shania not the most mind blowing legend so probably not worth her own announcement either.

Tbh I was kind of hoping Emily would drop some smaller acts in one of her interviews like she did with Little Simz and Lana in the past, and I suppose there’s still time for that, but I’m expecting all the headliners to come at once with the full lineup drop come March. 

Nicely summarised.

12 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Is Shania likely to be doing the legend slot? Meh

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Is Shania likely to be doing the legend slot? Meh

Yeah we’ve had info she’s doing it a while ago and nothing about anybody else since, and she’s spoken about wanting to do it and has a convenient gap in her tour, so seems like it’s a goer. 

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah we’ve had info she’s doing it a while ago and nothing about anybody else since, and she’s spoken about wanting to do it and has a convenient gap in her tour, so seems like it’s a goer. 

Ah ok, thanks.

30 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

image.png.386267043c754455d10b9a48d67d1984.png

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Remind me, do they always incorporate the term "legend" in the description of that slot? Legend slot? Sunday Teatime slot? Sunday Legend slot? Sunday Teatime Legend slot? Probably a question for the team at Thingy HQ.

It's only been the last 3 or 4 years that they've used the term Legend Slot. Maybe Kylie was the first I think.