LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Jade Bugg headlining the Other. That's my ticket in the bin.

Don't rule him out of appearing somewhere far above his credit rating this year the way the rest of the line-up leaks have been shaping up.

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I've always been fascinated by Jake Buggs massive festival placings. He must have had the best management/ agent on the planet.

I think he drew a big old crowd on the Pyramid the year before that.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It either is or it isn't - but as this thread is about the next Glastonbury announcement and that is coming this week lets talk about Glastonbury.

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I've always been fascinated by Jake Buggs massive festival placings. He must have had the best management/ agent on the planet.

Even about a year after lightning bolt he had Primal Scream BELOW him at XFMs manchester apollo gig.

33 minutes ago, Neil said:

Just to be clear I'm not tracking lineup stuff this year. Even so I can see no indicators of an imminent announcement.

Apart from the fact we know it’s coming imminently 

• Like 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I mean since I thought 6 about 5 mins ago 

This is about the level of reliability for me as well.  I had it in my head that Thursday was most likely, the fact that the page has updated to redirect to 2014 since I originally looked has me thinking this evening now for no other reason than blind hope.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Apart from the fact we know it’s coming imminently 

Where your imminently could be four days mine is the next few hours.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This is about the level of reliability for me as well.  I had it in my head that Thursday was most likely, the fact that the page has updated to redirect to 2014 since I originally looked has me thinking this evening now for no other reason than blind hope.

We have to hang on to something though! I am optimistic for 6pm. Though I was also optimistic for 5.30pm, and 5pm, and 10am. At least we know it's coming soon. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

lots of page changes still ... do these people work longer than 9 -5 as a norm ? surely would have gone home if it wasn't this eve ?

I don’t think 9-5 exists in the festival world. I would laugh if they dropped it at 2am while hardly anyone is looking. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t think 9-5 exists in the festival world. I would laugh if they dropped it at 2am while hardly anyone is looking. 

Yes, wake up to the international contingent being first to know. Still think as soon as it gets dark the line up will be projected on the Tor. 😊

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

lots of page changes still ... do these people work longer than 9 -5 as a norm ? surely would have gone home if it wasn't this eve ?

Ha, I think in the run up to a big announcement would mean lots of longer working days for team involved whether its dropped today or not!

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not an indicator necessarily. A lot of companies outsource their development to countries that work all sorts of hours. One of our Devs is in Brazil and only starts at 1pm UK time.