LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

5 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

That Annie Nightingale tribute announcement bang on 10 am is nice an' all, but admittedly something or a disappointment when you've got alerts set up for the full line up. 

Yeah that'll be it today.

Starting to think it'll be Thursday. I think there'll be a day of nothing before the full lineup drop.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

SZA cancelled Fuji Rock a month later. 

reason? can't find on google

edit - found it

《Announcement of SZA's performance cancellation》 SZA was scheduled to perform on Friday, July 26th, but her appearance was canceled at the last minute due to artist circumstances. We deeply apologize to everyone who was looking forward to this performance for the cancellation. Please note that there will be no refunds for tickets due to this cancellation. We would like to once again apologize for this incident and ask for your continued support of FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL'24. FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL'24 Office

No reason given basically

Edited by gfa

12 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm actually pretty hyped for a big beat set.  Not something I've been to since a big beat boutique night back in 1999 (Maybe).

just saw this. will deffo put some time aside for this. annie was a legend 

Dear Emily and the other Glasto bookers, please can they announce it so I can have an extra day or two to process the horrible clashes you're about to give me. Cheers x  

Also, is it just me or have there been far less stages providing their line up in non-alphabetical order then normal this time? Feel more of the stages are up in air regarding order then normal (might be completely wrong on that?)

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I have a feeling on Thursday too. They've not done any of the last 4 years where the full lineup isn't given a spare day in-between something. Just happens that Block 9 fell on an earlier date so there is longer to wait.

Yeah there hasn't ever been a year where there was an announcement the day before the full lineup drop. For that reason I'm thinking Thursday now - let's hope for a day of silence tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah there hasn't ever been a year where there was an announcement the day before the full lineup drop. For that reason I'm thinking Thursday now - let's hope for a day of silence tomorrow.

So that shows a pattern...............................

and there are no patterns so tomorrow it is.

39 minutes ago, gfa said:

reason? can't find on google

edit - found it

《Announcement of SZA's performance cancellation》 SZA was scheduled to perform on Friday, July 26th, but her appearance was canceled at the last minute due to artist circumstances. We deeply apologize to everyone who was looking forward to this performance for the cancellation. Please note that there will be no refunds for tickets due to this cancellation. We would like to once again apologize for this incident and ask for your continued support of FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL'24. FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL'24 Office

No reason given basically

Maybe we will need another headliner.. Has it ever happened a headliner pulled out this close to the festival before?

12 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Maybe we will need another headliner.. Has it ever happened a headliner pulled out this close to the festival before?

2015 Foo Fighters had to pull out and they promoted Florence

9 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Foo Fighters pulled out in 2015 less than 2 weeks before the festival.

If you want to go back to the 90s, The Stone Roses and Steve Winwood pulled out of their headline slots at even shorter notice than that.

11 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Foo Fighters pulled out pretty late if memory serves me correctly? Florence was bumped up. Not that I could see Burna Boy being bumped up. If a headliner pulled out, I wonder if there'd be a Churnups like secret act they'd bump up).

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Foo Fighters pulled out pretty late if memory serves me correctly? Florence was bumped up. Not that I could see Burna Boy being bumped up. If a headliner pulled out, I wonder if there'd be a Churnups like secret act they'd bump up).

Pulp to save the day. Again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1