LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Lol, I've inadvertently started new excitement for a new headliner!

Based on a quick google, it seems SZA has lots of other gigs coming up, so I don't think this is likely ... but having said that, my pipe dream is ...

Friday - Kings Of Leon (only day they are free, I'm gonna hope!)
Saturday - Coldplay
Sunday - Dua Lipa - (Moved for Kings Of Leon, and I'll see The National.)

🙏 😉

• Like 1

She's not gonna cancel.

Only thing that would make me think otherwise is if she cancels her BST gig on the Saturday.

Glastonbury is a massive gig for her and would be the last one she'd cancel.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking cause I'd be gutted if she did

Just now, Joey Peeps said:

Is that unusual, a stage announcing that before the full line up? 

Not massively. We've already had splits for the Cinema (albeit yes it's not exactly the same thing).

I wonder if we’ll hear anything from the SZA camp about the Fuji Rock announcement. It might just be that they’re on the ball and first one to get it out and maybe she’s cancelled all festivals from here on out. Should find out soon enough as she’s due to play Primavera this weekend. 

If she was to pull out I think it’d either be Green Day or The Killers as both in the area and free. 

Has an actual reason been given? (I may have missed that in the flurry of replies)

BST isn't selling very well, at all, though I don't think that would play into festivals.

26 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Has an actual reason been given? (I may have missed that in the flurry of replies)

BST isn't selling very well, at all, though I don't think that would play into festivals.

Doesn’t seem like there’s a reason. Well nothings been mentioned anyway. 

Edited by foolee

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah there hasn't ever been a year where there was an announcement the day before the full lineup drop. For that reason I'm thinking Thursday now - let's hope for a day of silence tomorrow.

Let's hope. We just want or now but I'd kind of be surprised if it wasn't Thursday and I don't expect it late as Friday. 

2 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Lol, I've inadvertently started new excitement for a new headliner!

Based on a quick google, it seems SZA has lots of other gigs coming up, so I don't think this is likely ... but having said that, my pipe dream is ...

Friday - Kings Of Leon (only day they are free, I'm gonna hope!)
Saturday - Coldplay
Sunday - Dua Lipa - (Moved for Kings Of Leon, and I'll see The National.)

🙏 😉

Crazy the amount of excitement around the prospect of an alternative tells you have much anyone cares she's been booked. 

2 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Is there somewhere I can find a plain text alphabetical list of every artist announced so far.

Some of these posters are a bit of a word soup and I’ve stopped paying any real attention to them. 

Go to the line and rumours tab of the Glastonbury 2024 page from the main eFests homepage. 

Ben

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2024/lineup.shtml

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

How does everyone know how BST is selling? Someone told me that the Stray Kids day was sold out and I was a bit sceptical.

24 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

How does everyone know how BST is selling? Someone told me that the Stray Kids day was sold out and I was a bit sceptical.

Tickets available - on tier 3 but not sold out. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

We can easily see which days are and aren't sold out, just by going to the ticketing website (Stray Kids definitely isn't).

Beyond that no idea about the specific volumes. Though you can sometimes get an indication by how many / how cheap tickets are on resale sites.

• Upvote 1

How long does it take the Clashfinder to be updated after the full lineup has been released? Does someone have to type it all in or is it done quickly with some fancy coding?

22 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

How long does it take the Clashfinder to be updated after the full lineup has been released? Does someone have to type it all in or is it done quickly with some fancy coding?

Quick coding, I think someone said Halvin might be unavailable at times this week so depends when it drops 

1 hour ago, CanWeRest said:

Once the page goes live, it's pretty easy to scrape the contents, export it to Excel, and then manipulate it into a format that can be pasted into Clashfinder.

I reckon I could do it in 10 minutes, and I won't be nearly as practised at it.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Once the page goes live, it's pretty easy to scrape the contents, export it to Excel, and then manipulate it into a format that can be pasted into Clashfinder.

I reckon I could do it in 10 minutes, and I won't be nearly as practised at it.

You are grossly over estimating my computer skills 😆