LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

4 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Long shot I know, but I'm still putting some meaning into the Genosys announcement yesterday. Perhaps they went a day early, so 12 noon today. 

Or not!

1 minute past now. I think them posting the site snaps today makes the lineup less likely. Could be as late as Friday now.

At least we know it's at some point this week, I'm pretty sure someone official said somewhere it'd be "at the end of May"

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

At least we know it's at some point this week, I'm pretty sure someone official said somewhere it'd be "at the end of May"

Think it was from the Glade’s official account if I remember correctly?

I wouldn’t hold onto that though, anything could change - I think people on this forum hold onto snippets of ‘info’ in hope of an earlier announcement, but info is often fluid. That being said, I’m still very much hoping we have the full lineup by the end of Friday 🙂

It's really poor I think of the festival not to get the full line up out for the main stages a bit earlier. It's frustrating not having that much time to explore the acts.

Is it that they just haven't actually booked people yet?

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Nah. The idea is to give some focus away from the main stages.

There's little left in the way of actual acts to be announced now. A few more on the Pyramid and Other, chances are most of what is on Greenpeace and San Remo will already be announced for other stages.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nah. The idea is to give some focus away from the main stages.

There's little left in the way of actual acts to be announced now. A few more on the Pyramid and Other, chances are most of what is on Greenpeace and San Remo will already be announced for other stages.

BBC Introducing is always interesting too

57 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

It's really poor I think of the festival not to get the full line up out for the main stages a bit earlier. It's frustrating not having that much time to explore the acts.

Apart from Other and Pyramid you already have them all for the main stages and you have 60-70% of those two stages. Surely that's enough for you to do exploring with.

For me the full lineup it's all just about finally being able to properly plan your weekend cause all the timings are out.

I know that basically all the acts I want to see have been announced - I just want to know about which ones clash and what difficult decisions I need to make!

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Upvote 5

I'm at the point now where I've researched loads of acts I'd never previously listened to, found some absolute top stuff I can't wait to see and bracing myself for the usual Clash-tastrophe when the timings are out.  I always end up with at least 1 three-way clash and it's usually Friday evening for some reason.  Luckily I've kept my "must see" list to about 5 acts so far, which is low for me.  The long list is however approaching an unmanageable 30 or so.  Think I'll need the pruning shears when the full line up drops.

I always love seeing the Pyramid/Other artists who are saved back for the last minute, it’s great. Opening the lineup page in 2019 and seeing The Proclaimers and Lewis Capaldi fresh on there, 2022 with AJ Tracey and Wolf Alice, 2023 with The Hives, Lightning Seeds, Maisie Peters, etc. Adds a nice bit of anticipation

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While that's understandable, due to the original poster having more acts on it there'll be far fewer this year.

Yeah the Other stage will be the most interesting, seeing as it was the stage on the poster with the lowest number of acts. I think the Pyramid only has 4 to announce.

Edited by Acid_Haze

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah the Other stage will be the most interesting, seeing as it was the stage on the poster with the lowest number of acts. I think the Pyramid only has 4 to announce.

Will one of those be the Pilton Brass Band or something?

32 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Will one of those be the Pilton Brass Band or something?

Yeah chances are the 4 will consist of:

1. Local band/choir on Sunday morning

2. Novelty act like Rick Astley/Bjorn Again

3. Interesting international act like Les Amazones D'Afrique/Master Musicians of Joujouka/Vieux Farka Toure

4. Well-known singer or musician like Mavis Staples/Rufus Wainwright/Ziggy Marley/Sophie Ellis Bextor/Jools Holland

I think there's a strong chance Gabrielle is one of them this year, she's got an arena tour booked next year, self-confirmed and hasn't been announced on any of the other stages.