LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

25 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Michael Bibi? He cancelled on there last year. 

Surely he only tours around Christmas?

Oh sorry, Bibi...

Edited by km9
Thought he meant buble

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Is there a way to see who's been newly added?

There's no debate and I'm still super excited, this Pyramid Stage on the whole is unbelievably weak. Even when you compare it massively smaller festivals.

cARTmtn.png

Weakest Pyramid line up for many years. 

Have to say although I like Zutons, Seasick Steve etc, there's nothing jumping out and everything that I would be "oooh" about I'm seeing at Victorious and other events.

Following Nia Archives I can fully see us packing up and heading home. I know we'll have an amazing time regardless but I feel too young for some stuff, and too old for a lot of other stuff (not that music has an age demographic but we're talking enjoyment nostalgia vibes)

2 minutes ago, devli said:

Not to be a massive downer, and possibly just my tastes, but on paper it does seem like the weakest line-up I can remember. Just safe bets everywhere.

It's certainly a very weak line-up for a festival of it's size.

But I just cannot f**king wait, my 2nd year so I've still so much exploring to-do. 

It's not the weakness of the line up for me, it's the fact that where there is someone I want to see, it clashes. Very similar to my 2016 festival. I still had a great time so I'm not worried about it and there's not many people I'll be really gutted if I miss which is always way worse as plans go awry  

Few additions I'm looking forward to though including a James Acaster & Nish Kumar DJ set! 

4 minutes ago, devli said:

Not to be a massive downer, and possibly just my tastes, but on paper it does seem like the weakest line-up I can remember. Just safe bets everywhere.

With the greatest of respect, have you delved through the line up beyond the big stages? There is potentially less huge names compared to other years, but also the depth on this line up feels really strong for me at least and there's plenty I don't know as well. 

I'd suggest if you have big gaps in your line up then just work down clashfinder/ the app and I'm sure you'll come across stuff you love 

Edited by kemosabe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

It's certainly a very weak line-up for a festival of it's size.

But I just cannot f**king wait, my 2nd year so I've still so much exploring to-do. 

Yeah it really doesn't matter. Often the best thing I see all weekend is something I wasn't planning on seeing/had never heard of anyway.

Friday and Saturday are pretty stacked, so many headliner clashes on Friday and then Sunday is pretty ropey throughout. Do you think they did it on purpose in the hope many leave early on the Sunday so it helps with the getaway and clean up from Monday onwards?

Clashes haven’t landed too badly for me, though a few annoying ones I didn’t want to have to choose between (Keane/Last Dinner Party and The Feeling/The National unexpected ones). Clashes around Avril Lavigne ans expected, and looks like I can basically park my tired feet at The Other most of Sunday from James onwards. Happy to see Zutons and The Snuts added. 

Big gap to fill early Sat until 3ish so need to give some more bands a listen. 

Personally think the depth of the line up is really really good. So much stuff on especially on Friday. The Pyramid subs and higher up the Other is weaker for sure, but to me it really doesn't matter. There's so much other stuff you don't need to worry about it

If you are prepared to do a lot of walking between stages it is not too bad - plenty for me at least - but OMG that Pyramid lineup is soooo lame. Biege is not the word. On whole disappointed by the additions this year and nothing like what was added late last year - QOTSA, Caroline polachek, the hives to name just three. 

Only going on the Sunday this year and it'll be my wifes first time to Glasto. We've a pretty solid day...

The Zutons - Seasick Steve - Soft Play - 20 mins of Shania followed by Nothing But Thieves - Avril Lavigne - Cat Empire - Justice.

As it's the wifes first time i'd want to show as much of the site as I can between those sets too  - might have to skip some earlier ones. 

Still, we're very happy with how the day is panning out! 

According to the draft Clashfinder I have a 3 or 4 way clash every day! And I’ve only got 5 acts earmarked for Sunday. That sucks!