LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

Exactly - so if you don't like the line up you are free to go elsewhere.

It's quite possible to believe the festival is the best weekend away in the world, and that you'll love it regardless and always have the time of your life there...

...at the same time as being able to have an opinion on how strong the line-up is how it compares to previous years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's quite possible to believe the festival is the best weekend away in the world, and that you'll love it regardless and always have the time of your life there...

...at the same time as being able to have an opinion on how strong the line-up is how it compares to previous years.

of course it is - we all have an opinion on it, good or bad. 

I was directly responding to the poster saying that they had to cough up the money and it was too late to change your mind by the time the line up dropped.

I've not really experienced the late night stuff at Shangri La much before - I'm wanting to catch Bob Vylan on the Peace stage at 1:30am after The National finish on the Other at 23:15 - anyone experienced know how long I need to give myself to actually get into the area on time?

3 minutes ago, woyski said:

For those who are a maybe for Coldplay (like me) - anything else you're eyeing up instead?

I'm not a maybe for Coldplay because my only must see of the entire festival is on at the same time Jessie Ware on West Holts will be a party.

My happy surprise is how easy it is to fill Thursday with feelgood nonsense (Thrill Collins, Baggy Mondays, Showhawk Duo, Doreen Doreen, Marching Skaletons, Wheel of Four Tunes etc) and a couple of decent musical acts (Hak Baker, Antony Szmierek, maybe Caleb Kunle). If those things aren't too rammed (there's also Bicep, which definitely will be) it should be a great day.

I'm disappointed that Bonobo's name on the initial poster translated into one DJ set at 7.30pm on Friday, that Jamie XX isn't DJing anywhere, and that Four Tet is having a fallow year. But I have got more than enough to be getting on with, and as a first-timer no pesky memories of Glastonburys with far superior line-ups to bring me down. 

My very quick lunch break schedule (of which I expect I'll skip a bunch due to distractions and the inability to teleport between stages) looks like this:

Fri: Sofia Kourtesis > Remi Wolf > Bow Anderson > Frank Turner > Danny Brown > LCD Soundsystem > Dua Lipa > Haii B2B Ki/Ki > Amelie Lens

Sat: Kneecap > Hi Vis > Keane > Bloc Party > Black Pumas > Barry Can't Swim > Joy Anonymous B2B Salute > Hot Chip (DJ Set) > Eric Prydz

Sun: The Zutons > The K's > Newdad > Shania Twain > Avril Lavigne > Nia Archives > Justice > Daniel Avery > Hedex B2B Bou > Andy C

My most upsetting clash at the moment is Haii B2B Ki/Ki Vs Bicep Vs Max Cooper. Baby Queen clashing with Avril is a heartbreaker too.

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

13 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

yup - i think the line up for Glastonbury Festival 2024 is complete shite.

yup - i also think Glastonbury Festival 2024 will be the greatest place on earth.

For the first time ever I'm not interested in the openers or headliners for any of the main outdoor stages or Woodsies - or the legend slot!  It's weird to not have a Pyramid headliner to look forward to (was banking on Madonna!)... or some fun opener like Bjorn Again, Ziggy Marley, Rick Astley... (Elvana, as rumoured, would have ticked that box!)

BUT... there's so much I'll be going to at Acoustic and Avalon, plus fun things to see in places like Bread and Roses, Bimble Inn... and Theatre & Circus whenever you're at a loose end.  It's all about knowing how to "do" Glastonbury really.  I can't wait!

1 minute ago, CR77 said:

For the first time ever I'm not interested in the openers or headliners for any of the main outdoor stages or Woodsies - or the legend slot!  It's weird to not have a Pyramid headliner to look forward to (was banking on Madonna!)... or some fun opener like Bjorn Again, Ziggy Marley, Rick Astley... (Elvana, as rumoured, would have ticked that box!)

BUT... there's so much I'll be going to at Acoustic and Avalon, plus fun things to see in places like Bread and Roses, Bimble Inn... and Theatre & Circus whenever you're at a loose end.  It's all about knowing how to "do" Glastonbury really.  I can't wait!

yup!

when i say "complete shite" i just mean that there's loads of stuff that if i happen to be there at the time, then great, but i'm not going to make any effort to get there...

😀

Personally, outside of the Pyramid acts, the lineup is absolutely stacked, and I can’t wait to run around trying to see as many acts as possible (you’d think after four Glasto’s I’d learn to not try and see everyone, but here we are!)

My only gripe is the amount of acts that I like that are clashing (spoilt for choice, I guess), like Fontaines and Jungle on the Friday, and then on the Sunday:

19:30-20:30: Burna Boy
19:45-20:45: Two Door
20:00-21:00: Romy

Would’ve also liked to have seen some bigger/similar acts go against Justice on the Sunday night as I think that’ll be rammed at West Holts. Even better would’ve been them headlining the Other Stage…

Overall very happy and I’m excited for the app to drop so I can officially start planning my weekend!

13 minutes ago, Looother said:

My happy surprise is how easy it is to fill Thursday with feelgood nonsense (Thrill Collins, Baggy Mondays, Showhawk Duo, Doreen Doreen, Marching Skaletons, Wheel of Four Tunes etc) and a couple of decent musical acts (Hak Baker, Antony Szmierek, maybe Caleb Kunle). If those things aren't too rammed (there's also Bicep, which definitely will be) it should be a great day.

I'm disappointed that Bonobo's name on the initial poster translated into one DJ set at 7.30pm on Friday, that Jamie XX isn't DJing anywhere, and that Four Tet is having a fallow year. But I have got more than enough to be getting on with, and as a first-timer no pesky memories of Glastonburys with far superior line-ups to bring me down. 

i didnt see showhawk duo on there?

For my money it is the worst Glasto line-up since the festival started in '52. I'll be walking round all weekend with a big sign which reads "WORST GLASTO EVER' and poo emoji. Wearing noise-cancelling headphones.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ConMan said:

Would’ve also liked to have seen some bigger/similar acts go against Justice on the Sunday night as I think that’ll be rammed at West Holts. Even better would’ve been them headlining the Other Stage…

Other Stage has less magic than West Holts.  It might be busy but West Holts will have a special vibe on Sunday that would be lost if they were playing on Other. 

• Like 2

For me (a guitar music fan) it's a packed line up, especially up to main stage headliner times. The particular stage highlights being The Park, Woodsies, Other and Avalon, but also other good stuff on Acoustic, Left Field and a few others. Yeah, I understand that many of the acts are repeat bookings but that doesn't mean bad especially if you haven't seen the acts before or haven't seen them for a while. 

Electronic music wins easy after hours, with most of it not to my taste but there's nowhere else you can see so much entertainment and variation over a weekend so it's amazing! 

1 minute ago, Drew3232 said:

For my money it is the worst Glasto line-up since the festival started in '52. I'll be walking round all weekend with a big sign which reads "WORST GLASTO EVER' and poo emoji. Wearing noise-cancelling headphones.

What will you be listening to on the headphones? 

1 minute ago, Drew3232 said:

you might get mistaken for a water aid volunteer 🙂 

45 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Yes agreed. Looks like a few interesting options later on. Quite fancy An Dannsa Dub on Sat night who seem like they have a ceilidh like vibe. Something different. 

Really good live band. Playing a few sets.

• Thanks 1

First post on here ever, despite being a reader for yyeeeaaarrrssss (thank you all for your valuable tips over that time!).

My tuppence worth - it isn't packed with must-sees or bucket-list acts this year but quite honestly I am all for it. Enough quality to look forward to and so much more time to explore, wander, be distracted....and we all know those are some of the best times....

Oh and what happened to Faithless "opening the festival" Thursday with a dangerously crowd-busting live set!?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1