LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

21 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

My most upsetting clash at the moment is Haii B2B Ki/Ki Vs Bicep Vs Max Cooper. Baby Queen clashing with Avril is a heartbreaker too.

If it helps...that Max Cooper set is an ambient set and will be nothing like his usual, live IDM sets. There has been a bit about suggesting the Bicep Chroma A/V set is a bit meh or only 'ok'. Of course, on IICON, it could be quite a moment. However, HAAi and KI/KI have individually played two of my favourite sets on the Farm, so putting them together on a brand new Arcadia installation is a no-brainer for me!

Ben

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JB IN TD said:

First post on here ever, despite being a reader for yyeeeaaarrrssss (thank you all for your valuable tips over that time!).

My tuppence worth - it isn't packed with must-sees or bucket-list acts this year but quite honestly I am all for it. Enough quality to look forward to and so much more time to explore, wander, be distracted....and we all know those are some of the best times....

Oh and what happened to Faithless "opening the festival" Thursday with a dangerously crowd-busting live set!?

they moved them quite sensibly . welcome 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Yes agreed. Looks like a few interesting options later on. Quite fancy An Dannsa Dub on Sat night who seem like they have a ceilidh like vibe. Something different. 

Absolute legend for sharing this. Had no idea who they were and would have never picked them out of the lineup to check out, but "ceilidh like vibe" got me to listen to a couple of tracks on Spotify and this seems absolutely perfect for 1am Saturday night!

2 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Anyone else do what I used to do in the 80s as a kid 20240604_152854.thumb.jpg.ccf525e44c06d825d0171b035b563354.jpgwith the Radio Times at Christmas and circle their must sees? It's just me isn't it......

Good God - haven't you heard of highlighter pens? 😃

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seeing a lot of anticipation for the Haai / KIKI b2b. What sort of tuneage do we reckon is likely?  Any sample sets? 

I expect it to be full on, peak time techno at high 130s-140bpm. KI/KI has a YT set that will give you a good idea: look for 5hrs of Acid. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

You can only be in one place at a time. In a way, the overall lineup doesn't matter. What matters is whether you have something you want to see at any given moments with enough gaps to either wander or get something to eat or get some sleep. It means you have a good weekend ahead of you.

I've had years where I couldn't grab food for running around and others where everything is clumped at one end on lineups that were 'great' across the board but neither festival experience was as great as a well paced weekend.

Sure, saying so is valid if you're not happy but if you have something to do at any given moment, what does it really matter?

I can't remember a worse line-up. And I was there in 1822 when Beethoven's piano was so badly out of tune stray cats showed up from miles away thinking it was a mating call.

I will be making my displeasure known by flying over the site all weekend in a little two-seater aeroplane, pulling a banner which reads "if this line-up was an actual police line-up they would all deserve prison time" with actual excrement spraying out of the exhaust.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

You can only be in one place at a time. In a way, the overall lineup doesn't matter. What matters is whether you have something you want to see at any given moments with enough gaps to either wander or get something to eat or get some sleep. It means you have a good weekend ahead of you.

I've had years where I couldn't grab food for running around and others where everything is clumped at one end on lineups that were 'great' across the board but neither festival experience was as great as a well paced weekend.

Sure, saying so is valid if you're not happy but if you have something to do at any given moment, what does it really matter?

To be fair, "having something to do" encompasses the full gamut to seeing a once in a lifetime show like the Stones or Reg all the way to wolfing down a growler whilst you watch the New York Brass Band for 5 minutes whilst your pal is in the Longcross.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

People getting into the Glade on Thursday.....

18d2def752d658ff4d47b418078e28d8e93a4f1d.gifv

That weather. Please no. Someone has stolen all those annoying flags off the flagpoles though 🙊

Edited by JB IN TD

37 minutes ago, GordonMcG said:

Absolute legend for sharing this. Had no idea who they were and would have never picked them out of the lineup to check out, but "ceilidh like vibe" got me to listen to a couple of tracks on Spotify and this seems absolutely perfect for 1am Saturday night!

No worries! I thought the same. Only just discovered them too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

If it helps...that Max Cooper set is an ambient set and will be nothing like his usual, live IDM sets. There has been a bit about suggesting the Bicep Chroma A/V set is a bit meh or only 'ok'. Of course, on IICON, it could be quite a moment. However, HAAi and KI/KI have individually played two of my favourite sets on the Farm, so putting them together on a brand new Arcadia installation is a no-brainer for me!

Ben

I quite fancied the ambient set and Bicep Chroma fills me full of FOMO, HAAi and KI/KI are winning the tussle for now but I'll no doubt flip flop a bunch over the next few weeks.