LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

24 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Am may just be saved for poster to distract from the laziness of the booking

I mean they’re a stadium filler and probably the biggest UK band right now, so a good booking. 

But they play festivals all the time over here so doesn’t seem worth it’s own announcement.

Just now, nikkic said:

I mean they’re a stadium filler and probably the biggest UK band right now, so a good booking. 

But they play festivals all the time over here so doesn’t seem worth it’s own announcement.

Exactly, I don't think Leeds would even give them their own announcement. Same really for G n R, it will go down very negatively. The legend would be the biggest thing to do hopefully, or even just announce Lizzo for now as sub!

Emily was on R1 a year ago tomorrow and confirmed Little Simz.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on the schedules of the BBC radio stations to see if there's anything similar lined up over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure how far in advance of it actually happening we knew of Emily's interview?

Edited by JoeyT

Depends how you look at it. Only 22 actual announcements in the last 17 years so 1.3 per year.

Take out the 5 fallow/covid years though and it's 1.8 announcements per year.

But... if we look at 2015 onwards (when the 1st poster/areas/big poster began), there have been 7 announcements for 5 festivals. 1.4 per year.

All in all, we are due something this month.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Depends how you look at it. Only 22 actual announcements in the last 17 years so 1.3 per year.

Take out the 5 fallow/covid years though and it's 1.8 announcements per year.

But... if we look at 2015 onwards (when the 1st poster/areas/big poster began), there have been 7 announcements for 5 festivals. 1.4 per year.

All in all, we are due something this month.

What would .something of an announcement look like? 😂

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Emily was on R1 a year ago tomorrow and confirmed Little Simz.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on the schedules of the BBC radio stations to see if there's anything similar lined up over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure how far in advance of it actually happening we knew of Emily's interview?

And a few days later on 10th Feb 2022 with Clara Amfo talking about G22. 

I've just searched the R1 schedule up to Fri 17th Feb and can't see any sign of Ems popping in.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What would .something of an announcement look like? 😂

"Emily Eavis has revealed that someone will perform at this year’s Festival. Speaking at the NME Awards – where Glastonbury won Best Festival In The World again – Emily revealed that a few people will make their first appearance on the Pyramid Stage.

Michael Eavis added "It will be th.........."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

"Emily Eavis has revealed that someone will perform at this year’s Festival. Speaking at the NME Awards – where Glastonbury won Best Festival In The World again – Emily revealed that a few people will make their first appearance on the Pyramid Stage.

Beat me to it. Dammit.

Lots are saying that it's a hard year for festivals to book - possibly the lack of announcements is due to not a lot being locked in at the moment.  
Did we ever find out why the ticket sale was a month later than normal?  Makes me think eveything will be delated a bit (though, there is no pattern)

24 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Did we ever find out why the ticket sale was a month later than normal?  Makes me think eveything will be delated a bit (though, there is no pattern)

Don't think we ever got an official reason, but it was the height of the media attention on the cost of living crisis. My money is on the pushback being because of the negative press attention the ticket price increase would have gotten. 

28 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Lots are saying that it's a hard year for festivals to book - possibly the lack of announcements is due to not a lot being locked in at the moment.  

Dutch festival Best kept secret, a couple of weeks before GL, used to have names before the new year. They were meant to announce in January, now it will be next week... Ticket price unknown, line up unknown for an early June fest makes me think both bookings and cash are an issue...

41 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Ah so I see we’ve entered the ‘panic’ stage of the pre-lineup announcement then.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

no info online re NME awards, it was at brixton last year so maybe thats the reason for a delay eh

4 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Don't think we ever got an official reason, but it was the height of the media attention on the cost of living crisis. My money is on the pushback being because of the negative press attention the ticket price increase would have gotten. 

And the whole changing heads of state snafu when the announcement of ticket sales would normally have happened. 

I think it was also possibly internal wrangling over setting over the price since it's so much higher. 

They might have wanted as much certainty as they could on how much costs were actually increasing. There's no point setting the ticket price at £340 if it turns out you actually needed to put it at £360 to break even. 

34 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

And the whole changing heads of state snafu when the announcement of ticket sales would normally have happened. 

I think it was also possibly internal wrangling over setting over the price since it's so much higher. 

They might have wanted as much certainty as they could on how much costs were actually increasing. There's no point setting the ticket price at £340 if it turns out you actually needed to put it at £360 to break even. 

definitely this - delayed as long as possible really while still being before xmas

cost of living media has been constant for months, it was no different when the ticket sale was vs start of november

I'm beginning to think there might not be any further dedicated announcements and the two remaining headliners and Sunday teatime slot will all be revealed on the initial poster drop. It could be because the timing isn't quite right or that they appreciate that the names strongly rumoured for those remaining slots so far might be a touch underwhelming to announce individually. And we're possibly only 4-6 weeks away from that happening.