LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I’m a lot less obsessed about the full line up and times since I returned to working with Oxfam.  Because I don’t find out shifts beforehand I don’t make militant day by day plans with my friends anymore and it’s quite freeing. 

It helps that over 20 years of festivals I’ve seen most I’m desperate too see too. 

But I already know I want to be free for Sunday 😂

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

True but the BBC Glasto schedule has always been announced around the time of the full lineup drop - usually after it.

I think that news, and the fact that the lineup has been released on 30th May for 3 of the last 4 festivals show that the chances of it coming out tomorrow are pretty damn high.

Oh, yeah. Midday tomorrow is looking likely.

True but the BBC Glasto schedule has always been announced around the time of the full lineup drop - usually after it.

I think that news, and the fact that the lineup has been released on 30th May for 3 of the last 4 festivals show that the chances of it coming out tomorrow are pretty damn high.

It was actually 30th for the last 4 as 2017 was the 30th too. And if we really go back, the only reason 2016 was probably the 31st instead is due to the bank holiday Monday being that late in the month.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Last year the BBC announced their coverage the day after the line-up announcement so not necessarily linked.

I guess it depends entirely on what they announce. Reading last year's press release, they could do it without the full line-up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/bbc-music-glastonbury-2023/

Reckon last year the bbc had more pre festival programmes than usual.  Documentaries, highlights of previous festivals etc.

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It was actually 30th for the last 4 as 2017 was the 30th too. And if we really go back, the only reason 2016 was probably the 31st instead is due to the bank holiday Monday being that late in the month.

I counted 2017 when I said 3 of the last 4 festivals. It came out on the 29th in 2019!

I counted 2017 when I said 3 of the last 4 festivals. It came out on the 29th in 2019!

Oh, according to on here, it was Thursday 30th. Upon further searching, The Standard actually announced times for the major stages on the 28th. So yes either way it's 3 of the last 4.

Anyway tomorrow at 10am

Including from Pyramid Stage headliners Dua Lipa, Coldplay and SZA, Shania Twain, as well as Anne-Marie, AURORA, Baxter Dury, Black Pumas, Brittany Howard, Declan McKenna, Dexys, Ghetts, Headie One, IDLES, James, Jordan Rakei, Justice, Kenya Grace, Kim Gordon, NewDad, Nia Archives, Nitin Sawhney, Nothing But Thieves, Olivia Dean, Otoboke Beaver, Paloma Faith, Remi Wolf, Soccer Mommy, Soft Play, Squid, Tems, The Mary Wallopers, The Vaccines, Yard Act and more.

From the BBC. Presumably that’s James on vs. Shania on the Sunday and Soft Play on early Other one day. Not overly familiar with Tems so not sure where she’ll go.

Edited by FloopFiller
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Including from Pyramid Stage headliners Dua Lipa, Coldplay and SZA, Shania Twain, as well as Anne-Marie, AURORA, Baxter Dury, Black Pumas, Brittany Howard, Declan McKenna, Dexys, Ghetts, Headie One, IDLES, James, Jordan Rakei, Justice, Kenya Grace, Kim Gordon, NewDad, Nia Archives, Nitin Sawhney, Nothing But Thieves, Olivia Dean, Otoboke Beaver, Paloma Faith, Remi Wolf, Soccer Mommy, Soft Play, Squid, Tems, The Mary Wallopers, The Vaccines, Yard Act and more.

From the BBC. Presumably that’s James on vs. Shania on the Sunday and Soft Play on early Other one day. Not overly familiar with Tems so not sure where she’ll go.

Soft play are brilliant (previously called Slaves) 

Edited by jonnyisRFC

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Great news on Soft Play. 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Happy lineup day everyone. May the added acts be everything you want and the clashes be minimal . If not you’ll have a blast anyway . Nearly time 😀

Chaka Khan, Pulp and a Daft Punk secret set and I’ll be happy.

I’ll accept nothing less. 

#manifest

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Cba to read, apart from the secret glasto tweet is there any actual evidence lineup is coming out today for sure.

Basically we're going off 3 things.

1. They said on the BBC yesterday that they would announce their glastonbury schedule today and usually that tends to coincide with the full lineup announcement

2. It's come out on the 30th May the past 2 years, and in 2017

3. The Glade and Arcadia both said the full lineup and times will be out "end of May", which narrows it down to either today or tomorrow.

There is a small chance it might not be today and it might be tomorrow instead but the chances are much higher for today.

I'm gonna hazard a guess at 10am today

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Basically we're going off 3 things.

1. They said on the BBC yesterday that they would announce their glastonbury schedule today and usually that tends to coincide with the full lineup announcement

2. It's come out on the 30th May the past 2 years, and in 2017

3. The Glade and Arcadia both said the full lineup and times will be out "end of May", which narrows it down to either today or tomorrow.

There is a small chance it might not be today and it might be tomorrow instead but the chances are much higher for today.

I'm gonna hazard a guess at 10am today

Muchas Gracias for your swift response in the face of my laziness