LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

3 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Here’s the full bbc press release:

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2024/glastonbury-2024

BBC Introducing lineup on there:

The BBC Introducing Stage opens earlier than ever before this year at 1pm on Thursday 27 June.

Artists performing on the stage over the weekend include: Antony Szmierek, ARXX, August Charles, Chiedu Oraka, Chloe Slater, DEJA, Cousin Kula, FIZZ, GIRLBAND!, His Lordship, Jordan Mackampa, Kingfishr, Letisha Gordon, Lizzie Esau, Maruja, mary in the junkyard, Mary Middlefield, Maya Lakhani, Paris Paloma, Pixey, Sabiyha, The Parallels, Sam Evans, TIANNA and Tors. Plus, there will be a set from one of Glastonbury’s Emerging Talent Competition finalists, Olivia Nelson.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's always open on the Thursday. Just a few hours earlier by the looks of it.

Yeah that’s kind of what I meant even by opening a few hours earlier will draw some people into that area 

I didn’t realise the bbc did that much stuff… it’s going to take a lot of catching up with after the festival.. I’d quite like to hear a lot of the wandering round site / interviews stuff.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

4a7.png

When it drops with James, Squeeze, Gabrielle and the act formerly known as Slaves being the significant new additions.

There'll be a lot less additions this year, just because the poster had so much on it.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

There'll be a lot less additions this year, just because the poster had so much on it.

Yip.  A Churnups type mystery slot on the Pyramid is about the best we can hope for - and that'll probably still be the Kings of effing Leon.

Looking forward to seeing the full line up! - Personally for me, this is one of the weakest line ups that I've seen at Glastonbury - a few interesting acts but the Pyramid in particular is uninspiring to say the least.

In some ways it'll make the festival more interesting though, I can wander round the much niche areas without feeling like I'm missing out

Just now, AdrianH said:

Looking forward to seeing the full line up! - Personally for me, this is one of the weakest line ups that I've seen at Glastonbury - a few interesting acts but the Pyramid in particular is uninspiring to say the least.

In some ways it'll make the festival more interesting though, I can wander round the much niche areas without feeling like I'm missing out

In previous years when we’ve had a few dead hours in terms of acts we want to see, we’ve been to the T and C field.

It’s an amazing way to spend a few hours. So much to see. 

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

4a7.png

When it drops with James, Squeeze, Gabrielle and the act formerly known as Slaves being the significant new additions.

I think people should mentally prepare for this very scenario.  I'm only excited by the full line-up so I can start plotting where the clashes are rather than expecting any new big names. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kugglaw said:

Really underwhelmed by this year’s lineup. The previous two years had such good ones. 

I thought 2022 was well over rated personally. 

37 minutes ago, AdrianH said:

Many will find it the weakest.

6 minutes ago, hurdy said:

BBC Introducing announced....

So tomorrow for the full line-up then?

Nope, just an extention I think. I still expect today as there has always been a gap. 

5 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think people should mentally prepare for this very scenario.  I'm only excited by the full line-up so I can start plotting where the clashes are rather than expecting any new big names. 

100% this tbh. I don't think we're suddenly getting a new headliner a la QOTSA last year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, suzie sue said:

I’m excited for the new stages and expanded areas, seems to be a stronger lineup across the board but maybe at the expense of the biggest stages, with investment going elsewhere 

Yeah I think this is a really good line-up across the board, it's just not as top-heavy as in recent years. There's multiple acts across every stage I actively want to see, or would be keen on seeing. I didn't make it last year as I was on my honeymoon, but I still got the app out to help me pretend like I was there, and there were gaps everywhere. Really weak outside of the headliners I thought, and even then... 2/3 Pyramid headliners were outright bad (or 'uninspired', at least) bookings

You can't book Elton or Macca every year...