LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

18 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

You can't knock the line up because you went and saw other acts that year on said line up 😁

No but for me there was only two/three really stand out acts where I would know the words rather than deciding to catch a band I know a bit of that was the difference between it being decent and being an much easier missed year that year which was my initial feeling. I wasn't that gutted to miss out on tickets whereas this year I would feel different

Just now, kugglaw said:

Congratulations! My partner is also missing Glasto as she's several months up the duff.

Best of luck with everything and I hope you get to go next year! 

Thank you 🙂 Me too! And my friend and I are already planning on when might be the earliest we can both take out with guys with us.

Congrats to you and your partner also!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I honestly feel proper daft on here.

I reckon I know about 20 people on the entire line-up haha. 

But still cannot f**king wait. 

Funny story. In 2016 the only things on my clash finder were Bring me the Horizon, Craig Charles, a couple of dnb djs and Stanton Warriors about 3 times. I had no clue!

How things has changed by 2017! When I had a spreadsheet three acts deep for every hour of the musical day. 

15 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I honestly feel proper daft on here.

I reckon I know about 20 people on the entire line-up haha. 

But still cannot f**king wait. 

Yeah to be honest the more you like, the more clashes. I've already Friday that looks like 3 acts one after another to see but it won't happen because of the walking time to get there.

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

12pm x

I'm going to be proper pissed if not, I spent from about 7am today with a day off trying to sleep thinking I've only got 3 hours lol.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can't wait to see this forum when it gets to 12 and nothing happens.

Part of me thinks they've released BBC introducing today cause the full lineup's tomorrow.

Yeah agreed. Got a feeling in my bones it's 12 tomorrow... 🙃

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can't wait to see this forum when it gets to 12 and nothing happens.

Part of me thinks they've released BBC introducing today cause the full lineup's tomorrow.

The official website hasn't made a new post for BBC introducing, which I think is telling. I hope.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

The official website hasn't made a new post for BBC introducing, which I think is telling. I hope.

This yes, those other announcements are side one's. Not officially put out by official website or even a twitter announcement. 

I honestly can’t imagine looking at the line up for any year of a festival this size, with this many stages and acts, and thinking ‘not good enough’. How entitled would you have to be if that’s your takeaway?! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I honestly can’t imagine looking at the line up for any year of a festival this size, with this many stages and acts, and thinking ‘not good enough’. How entitled would you have to be if that’s your takeaway?! 

plenty of people on here love moaning 🙂

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Couldn't agree more, but then different folks have different approaches to the festival and their musical and other tastes. For me, it's the 'weakest' year ever for headliners, across the five big stages. But I am ridiculously excited to get the full line up which is full of amazing discoveries and so many bands I just can't wait to see that I only heard of in the announcements so far. Bring it on. 

Ben

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Big difference between saying 'not good enough' and finding it a huge downgrade on previous years.  I'm still looking forward to it and know I'll have a great time, but for the first time ever that'll be despite the line up.

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don't think you have to be entitled to feel that the lineup wasn't worth it for you personally? There can be decent acts but if it's just not for you then spending that much will bring us it justifiable in. 

Surely being entitled would be saying they haven't book this that would allow me to go but that's not the case.

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Those of us well off enough off to buy tickets are already entitled. There definitely is such a thing as "not good enough for what I paid". Remember, no matter how big a place is you can only be in one place at once.

Edited by A Particular Grey Chihuahu

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big difference between saying 'not good enough' and finding it a huge downgrade on previous years.  I'm still looking forward to it and know I'll have a great time, but for the first time ever that'll be despite the line up.

This is how feel really - taken in isolation, the line up is a weak one when you compare it to line ups over the past decade. Luckily the entire festival is an amazing experience regardless of who's playing. It'll be more of an 'exploration festival' for me, visiting smaller/niche areas which usually there wouldn't be time for.

It's a shame how many people feel they can talk sh*t about how bad the lineup is but still go every year, and then there are hundreds of people who would love to go, love the lineup but can't get a ticket.

The lineup's great for me this year - there was only one year recently I didn't like the lineup and I decided to not go, and go to a smaller festival instead. People forget that there are other festivals out there that don't sell out like glastonbury and probably have a better lineup for them.

17 minutes ago, paulshane said:

plenty of people on here love moaning 🙂

moaning about it is all part of the fun of the build up!

(for the record - the best line up for me personally is one where there is f**k all i REALLY want to see. i hate feeling like i have to be any particular place at any particular time... with that in mind this year should be f**king incredible!)

😀

22 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If the festival had changed to a time where the lineup is bothering me that much it’s the time I dip out and retire … the value is definately mostly in the top line for me , once that changes beyond recognition that’ll be it for me . That’s a reflection on me not the festival though . They can only book within budget / what’s available 

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

It's a shame how many people feel they can talk sh*t about how bad the lineup is but still go every year, and then there are hundreds of people who would love to go, love the lineup but can't get a ticket.

The lineup's great for me this year - there was only one year recently I didn't like the lineup and I decided to not go, and go to a smaller festival instead. People forget that there are other festivals out there that don't sell out like glastonbury and probably have a better lineup for them.

Even if I didn't like the lineup I would still go and not moan.  So much to do and see that isn't music on the main stages!