LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

3 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

It's a shame how many people feel they can talk sh*t about how bad the lineup is but still go every year, and then there are hundreds of people who would love to go, love the lineup but can't get a ticket.

The lineup's great for me this year - there was only one year recently I didn't like the lineup and I decided to not go, and go to a smaller festival instead. People forget that there are other festivals out there that don't sell out like glastonbury and probably have a better lineup for them.

Its a discussion forum? Scarcity of tickets is one of the reasons noone in our group has put any tickets back because we all know that we could be unlucky come October.

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I honestly can’t imagine looking at the line up for any year of a festival this size, with this many stages and acts, and thinking ‘not good enough’. How entitled would you have to be if that’s your takeaway?! 

I think paying upwards of £350, sight unseen, entitles you to a little entitlement. Or at the very least, the right to have and express an opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

there are hundreds of people who would love to go, love the lineup but can't get a ticket.

but they can get a ticket.

they have as much chance as anyone else of getting a ticket.

i'm not going to say the line up is great when its sh*t* out of some bizarre miss placed sense of guilt.

*for me personally, for those that love it, great stuff!

😀

Just now, -TLR- said:

but they can get a ticket.

they have as much chance as anyone else of getting a ticket.

i'm not going to say the line up is great when its sh*t* out of some bizarre miss placed sense of guilt.

*for me personally, for those that love it, great stuff!

😀

Yeah but it's made harder by all the other people trying who don't even like the lineup!

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah but it's made harder by all the other people trying who don't even like the lineup!

i know its an age old cliche - but i could not give a sh*t about the line up.

for me Glastonbury really is not about the music.

but that doesnt mean its not fun to moan about it in the build up!

Nah i dont get the complaining about the lineup. its subjective. you know what you sign up for when you try and get a ticket. theres a reason you got a ticket without seeing the lineup.  

Some years you get a lineup you love and others you dont... and guess what...

the years you got the lineup you loved... somebody else didnt. as elton john once said... its the circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiife. 

2 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i know its an age old cliche - but i could not give a sh*t about the line up.

for me Glastonbury really is not about the music.

but that doesnt mean its not fun to moan about it in the build up!

They say as they come online at 12 to check 😂

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

In all fairness, none of the line-up had been announced when tickets went on sale... although Madonna was heavily rumoured, which was a big factor in a few of my friends applying for tickets.

Personally, for the first time ever, there aren't any headliners I want to see on the big outdoor stages... but I'll have a great time at Acoustic and Avalon instead in the evenings.  Madonna would have been great though...!

Edited by CR77

I've said this before, but if I was in Emilys position then I absolutely would do things for my own entertainment.

Like promise "by the end of May", and then drop a lineup at 23:59 on the 31st.

39 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I honestly can’t imagine looking at the line up for any year of a festival this size, with this many stages and acts, and thinking ‘not good enough’. How entitled would you have to be if that’s your takeaway?! 

I can't speak for anyone else but my comments are absolutely nothing to do with being "entitled". These forums are for discussing everything Glastonbury and that includes the merits and relative strength of the line up year on year. 

Just now, Justcalledtosay said:

I can't speak for anyone else but my comments are absolutely nothing to do with being "entitled". These forums are for discussing everything Glastonbury and that includes the merits and relative strength of the line up year on year. 

Constructive criticism is good. The festival would have died many years ago if they just listened to all the sycophants.