LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

5 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

well... i gotta do something to pass the time in the office...

😂 Yeah, working is the last resort for me too this time of year!

36 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

It's a shame how many people feel they can talk sh*t about how bad the lineup is but still go every year, and then there are hundreds of people who would love to go, love the lineup but can't get a ticket.

The lineup's great for me this year - there was only one year recently I didn't like the lineup and I decided to not go, and go to a smaller festival instead. People forget that there are other festivals out there that don't sell out like glastonbury and probably have a better lineup for them.

I can hate the lineup and still enjoy taking drugs in a field for 5 days

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I'm massively shocked its not come today. Next year you can't even go on there being a days gap in-between. They definitely aren't too excited about the additions to come lol.

Yep they're definitely delaying the announcement because they're bothered about people's reactions to Soft Play being added to their already sold out festival.

Solid logic.

2 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

If we're doing totally baseless rumours as to why the line up hasn't been released, let's throw SZA cancelling (like at Fuji Rock) into the ring and them desperately trying to sort an alternative before dropping the whole line up.

A bunch of support acts have just been announced for her BST day so be kind of weird if she’s bailed on Glastonbury.

I think the idea that you're not allowed to criticise the lineup a bit ridiculous.

As I've said a couple of pages ago, I absolutely love this lineup. Smashes last year out of the park in everyway with the exception of the less legendary headliners.

But if a lot of your enjoyment comes from seeing bigger acts then I can fully understand not loving this lineup. Just as this year is hitting on a lot of my musical taste, it's to be expected that someone could look at this lineup and only find a handful of acts they enjoy.

Also, this is quite literally a forum, it would be rather boring if everyone thought the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Yep they're definitely delaying the announcement because they're bothered about people's reactions to Soft Play being added to their already sold out festival.

Solid logic.

Well sarcasm flew over someone's boots today! 🤣