LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

But we already know the lineup. We’re just waiting for the day splits and times. Hardly in need of a radio announcement

They said end of May so its coming today unless there has been a major problem

1 minute ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Do we need Lauren Laverne to be back from her holiday to do this?

It's just a load of stage times, like.

Lauren adamant about questioning Emily live on air regarding the Idles-Fontaines clash which is causing massive distress to the 6 music audience

• Upvote 1

They're holding the full line up back until Lauren Laverne is back from holiday?

If they don't release it quick we'll be in to flat earth chat, faked moon landings and lizard people in the next few hours. 

Edited by Chip Batch
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Lauren adamant about questioning Emily live on air regarding the Idles-Fontaines clash which is causing massive distress to the 6 music audience

Well she has a point, it is a ridiculous clash booking made by being adamant that a female artist if possible had to be booked for Sunday night. Booking Faithless to headline Other Friday instead made so much more sense and then either dropping Idles down one or they didn't play. They aren't a band suddenly able to demand that slot. The bookers they have aren't the best though.

22 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

You what? Il take Greenpeace or San Remo line up posters as far as I'm aware they have not dropped yet

I'll take the stage times over them.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Well she has a point, it is a ridiculous clash booking made by being adamant that a female artist if possible had to be booked for Sunday night. Booking Faithless to headline Other Friday instead made so much more sense and then either dropping Idles down one or they didn't play. They aren't a band suddenly able to demand that slot. The bookers they have aren't the best though.

The London Grammar/National clash is a really pain too. Quite an obvious one both crowds might be in to.

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

In no world are Faithless, without Maxi an other headliner in 2024, hence why they’ve been booked to headline the Glade

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Or not

Hoping for 12 o clock, those b*stards that said it'd be the end of May

I know, they are trolling us now the swines. 1pm is my new prediction.

Wasn't the chat with Idles that they originally weren't playing and it was only because they got offered a headline slot that they changed there mind? I'm sure there was someone who had knowledge of them not playing in the lead up to the announcement and then SZA moving from Other to Pyramid headliner was apparently what opened up the spot and changed their mind?

Feel like clash chat when it's along the lines of "this band I like shouldn't be playing this high a slot" is a little silly. Both seem more than big enough for the slots they have within this lineup.

1 minute ago, donthaveacoolname said:

So 10 has come and gone..... It's going to be Monday isn't it....

Someone posted the annoucement times here the other day for the last four years... a couple of them were around midday, including last year.  Fingers crossed... but got a horrible feeling it's going to be next week now anyway!

9 minutes ago, UncleJunior said:

In no world are Faithless, without Maxi an other headliner in 2024, hence why they’ve been booked to headline the Glade

Nor are Idles, nor were Rudimental when they came back and got offered it as good will due to their previous set getting stormed off on the Pyramid.

The fact they already tried to book Faithless with a band not just a dj set topping the Glade on Thursday night after the Example debacle kinda tells you they aren't the most switched on.

In this situation, Faithless being moved to Other Friday with a band and their following free up that big clash with Idles either below or just not being booked wouldn't have been questioned heavily at all. 

1 minute ago, CR77 said:

Someone posted the annoucement times here the other day for the last four years... a couple of them were around midday, including last year.  Fingers crossed... but got a horrible feeling it's going to be next week now anyway!

Friday never seemed to sit right as an announcement day to me, hoping I wrong