LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

5 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Guess it’ll be Monday, then?

what’s left to announce at this point, just stage times? Feels like there are fewer stages somehow? 

How are we doing for a Williams Green alternative?

Greenpeace/San Remo

6 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Guess it’ll be Monday, then?

what’s left to announce at this point, just stage times? Feels like there are fewer stages somehow? 

How are we doing for a Williams Green alternative?

Still no San Remo announcement! 

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

was a play on your username 

No, my username is Kanye West but I've developed a speech impediment. Please don't draw attention to it 😜

56 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Well she has a point, it is a ridiculous clash booking made by being adamant that a female artist if possible had to be booked for Sunday night. Booking Faithless to headline Other Friday instead made so much more sense and then either dropping Idles down one or they didn't play. They aren't a band suddenly able to demand that slot. The bookers they have aren't the best though.

I'll take the stage times over them.

No way faithless would headline the other at this stage. Not without maxi

SZA was clearly originally the Other Sunday headliner.  That slot would have been the best fit for her.  Clearly, someone (Stevie Wonder perhaps) pulled out of the Pyramid slot, SZA got bumped up and so did IDLES.  IDLES into SZA on Other Sunday sounds more appropriate to me.

Anyway, midday drop for the times/splits?

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

SZA was clearly originally the Other Sunday headliner.  That slot would have been the best fit for her.  Clearly, someone (Stevie Wonder perhaps) pulled out of the Pyramid slot, SZA got bumped up and so did IDLES.  IDLES into SZA on Other Sunday sounds more appropriate to me.

Anyway, midday drop for the times/splits?

I imagine it was Madonna originally pencilled for the SZA slot?

1 hour ago, GordonMcG said:

I'm sure there was someone who had knowledge of them not playing in the lead up to the announcement and then SZA moving from Other to Pyramid headliner was apparently what opened up the spot and changed their mind?

Can't comment on any changes-of-plans but this was – if I remember rightly – someone who bumped into Joe at an event and flat-out asked him if they're doing Glastonbury. His response was that they're not doing it "as they're in the States" despite having no US dates booked that would clash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

FWIW Jesca Hoop just tweeted an hour ago with the "I'm playing Glastonbury" graphic and confirming she's on the 28th... could be they're all gearing up for their announcements?

is she bbc introducing? what stage is she on? bbc introducing artists seem to have posted they are playing since yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

FWIW Jesca Hoop just tweeted an hour ago with the "I'm playing Glastonbury" graphic and confirming she's on the 28th... could be they're all gearing up for their announcements?

I think this, combined with the fact we haven't had any other announcements today, and the whole "end of May" thing make me quite hopeful about 12pm. More hopeful than yesterday

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

is she bbc introducing? what stage is she on? bbc introducing artists seem to have posted they are playing since yesterday.

No croissant neuf which was a while ago, but this was more about announcing the specific day

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

No croissant neuf which was a while ago, but this was more about announcing the specific day

its the hope that kills you man... i believe.