LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I just want to see all the gaps for potential secret sets! 

If only to confirm that there is just one them,  on woodsies which will likely be Kasabian.

Then hopefully we can carry on and plan without fear of missing someone good. 

1 hour ago, CR77 said:

I imagine it was Madonna originally pencilled for the SZA slot?

SZA for me was Other Friday, moved to Pyramid Sunday....the worst shout I've known for a closing Sunday, allowing for a late call to Idles to take a slot making the silly Fontaines clash. I personally wouldn't see anything as big in The National and London Grammar clash but I'm not in fan of either really.

• Upvote 1

I think I have a way of seeing if an announcement is imminent, and I cannot see that it is imminent. Which means either that it is not imminent, or that I do not in fact have a way of seeing if it is imminent. I hope that helps.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Little Thief said:

I had a pretty reliable source tell me it was going to be yesterday, which makes me think there’s some kind of delay for whatever reason.

SZA's pulled out and been replaced by Foals

Just now, Little Thief said:

I had a pretty reliable source tell me it was going to be yesterday, which makes me think there’s some kind of delay for whatever reason.

There definitely is a delay, especially if people had a memo of the "end of May", and it turns out it isn't.

Tbh if I was Emily, I wouldn't do it on the hour but just a completely random time, like 1213 or 1647 or something.

You know, get the kids from school, start tea, change a few stage times, oh and press the "go live" button as I walk towards the TV to put Pointless on.

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Wonder whether they feel justified releasing the full lineup late, cause the poster included stage splits.

The problem is that Glasto occurs later in the month this year... we're currently 26 days til gates open... whereas last year the full line-up came in May, which was 22 days before gates open.  So if it's early next week, then it'll be a similar gap to last year.  Annoying though, as we were told be end of May!  (Might still happen today though I guess!)