LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I think it's unlikely SZA's dropped as she starts her European tour this weekend, but I do think it's highly possible another big act on the lineup has dropped out and they're looking for a replacement

Just now, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Perhaps the reason for the delay is SZA cancelling?! Speculation but she cancelled another big slot around the same time 

If she was they'd just release it and whack a big TBA on there, or if they weren't sure yet/in conversation they'd put her on it for now, and take her off further down the line like they've done in the past.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Possibly worth pointing out the festival is a week later than it was last year so perhaps the lineup with times isn’t quite ready yet?

They had basically the same dates in 2019 (27th - 29th) and it still came out on 30th May then.

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Maybe donald trump was invited to speak this year, and this guily verdict has thrown things way up in the air

this is the most plausible if you think about it

19 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

6pm has been a thing before for some announcements...hasnt it? Maybe?

Pretty sure we've had it drop late afternoon before, but I can't be arsed to check the Thingy.

Probably not a big enough act to warrant delaying the drop I suspect, but Mrs 4AM told me yesterday that one of the Magic Numbers needs spine surgery so I expect will be cancelling tours plans.

I suspect the SZA thing pulling out Japan only is down to

1. either her/her crew/staff cant get a visa secured - maybe easier to get into GB/EU

2. cost of shipping all the equipment is too dear for import/export for a one off gig

3. something completely unrelated like miscommunication with fees or something

Either the announcement is ready to go and they see value in delaying it arbitrarily (which I don't get the logic of as it denies people time to explore it fully).

Or it's not ready to go, either because some timings are still to be pinned down exactly or there's a big issue that's come up they're scrambling to fix.

I wonder if there's any connection between when the lineup is posted and when the programmes etc. go to print? Maybe from their perspective it's only worth putting the online version out once they've signed off on the print version.

33 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Tbh if I was Emily, I wouldn't do it on the hour but just a completely random time, like 1213 or 1647 or something.

You know, get the kids from school, start tea, change a few stage times, oh and press the "go live" button as I walk towards the TV to put Pointless on.

Ooh, there was a set of questions about Glasto on Pointless yesterday. Got them all right too, v proud of myself

1 minute ago, DJL said:

FWIW Arcadia responded to me on Facebook last week and said early June.

Oh well there we go then

I guess if on a normal week we got an announcement to say James, Tems and Soft Play are playing, we'd be jumping for joy

15 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Theres actually no full line up this year just a series of boards like this across the site telling you exactly what time acts are supposed to be on. 

FAKT 

Screenshot_20240531-123159_Chrome.jpg

IMG_20240531_124856.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I think it's unlikely SZA's dropped as she starts her European tour this weekend, but I do think it's highly possible another big act on the lineup has dropped out and they're looking for a replacement

Yes she’s got Primavara tomorrow and that’s going ahead at the minute. 

Just now, sadimmock said:

I’m wondering if they want to announce one of the TBAs as a regular act on the line-up and need to wait a few days for an exclusivity clause/embargo to clear… 

Vampire weekend 

• Upvote 1