LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

So we thought it was today, which was the correct thing to do as arcadia/glade said "end of May". Either:

1) They were wrong, was always gonna be early June - likely as this would be the same gap between announcement and the festival that it usually is

2) They were right, but it's been delayed for whatever reason. Tbh doesn't even need to be a major reason, I promise far less complicated things to my boss for Friday that I don't deliver until Wednesday 😛 so maybe end of May was the earlier memo, but it's now June because a mid afternoon DJ on San Remo has to be replaced last minute, or they are still fiddling about with fonts or whatever.

6 minutes ago, Physical_graffiti said:

So we thought it was today, which was the correct thing to do as arcadia/glade said "end of May". Either:

1) They were wrong, was always gonna be early June - likely as this would be the same gap between announcement and the festival that it usually is

2) They were right, but it's been delayed for whatever reason. Tbh doesn't even need to be a major reason, I promise far less complicated things to my boss for Friday that I don't deliver until Wednesday 😛 so maybe end of May was the earlier memo, but it's now June because a mid afternoon DJ on San Remo has to be replaced last minute, or they are still fiddling about with fonts or whatever.

But to be fair, there are usually blank spots that are updated as and when every year. So if that San Remo DJ is reading this, don't beat yourself up 😜

It’s also very possible that the people doing the socials for the smaller stages didn’t actually know when the release date was, but said end of May because that’s when it usually is!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

But to be fair, there are usually blank spots that are updated as and when every year. So if that San Remo DJ is reading this, don't beat yourself up 😜

We'll see you at the front next year 2.30pm Saturday San Remo DJ! 💃

1 hour ago, CR77 said:

The problem is that Glasto occurs later in the month this year... we're currently 26 days til gates open... whereas last year the full line-up came in May, which was 22 days before gates open.  So if it's early next week, then it'll be a similar gap to last year.  Annoying though, as we were told be end of May!  (Might still happen today though I guess!)

There is this yes.

I can imagine at this point us getting the greenpiece and san remo monday and the lineup Wednesday which will be a pain.

30 minutes ago, Physical_graffiti said:

Do I employ you?

10 minutes ago, richy24 said:

It’s also very possible that the people doing the socials for the smaller stages didn’t actually know when the release date was, but said end of May because that’s when it usually is!

They probably weren't anticipating a bunch of internet loons taking legal action

• Upvote 1