LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Could be that the election announcement has messed up the Leftfield line-up, although you wouldn't think they'd delay the entire festival line-up for that reason.

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I think Tuesday cos 22 days before lie others have said and it will not be after than as the D-Day stuff will take over with the 80th anniversary  on Thursday.

Monday would be nice though cos come on, hurry up now.

I think the only thing that's likely to stop is being Monday is the announcement of anything Radio 2 wise.

But if Laverne is speaking to Emily tomorrow/Shania doing an interview my thought process would be tomorrow.

glasto is a bit of a shambles really innit. the babylon uprising lineup came up a few days ago and the area page on the official website is still the 2023 version. is there any effort to sync anything?? just one of many examples. i know it's a big operation but if theyre not able to do simple page updates just get rid of the area page altogether. mini rant of the day

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

glasto is a bit of a shambles really innit. the babylon uprising lineup came up a few days ago and the area page on the official website is still the 2023 version. is there any effort to sync anything?? just one of many examples. i know it's a big operation but if theyre not able to do simple page updates just get rid of the area page altogether. mini rant of the day

Weirdly I noticed the Babylon Uprising line up was not put on the official Glastonbury socials. 

Feels like they might have jumped the gun on there own social media might explain it not being on the main site yet. 

Lets be honest the Glastonbury team are probably busy as f*ck right now so stuff might get missed

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Weirdly I noticed the Babylon Uprising line up was not put on the official Glastonbury socials. 

Feels like they might have jumped the gun on there own social media might explain it not being on the main site yet. 

Lets be honest the Glastonbury team are probably busy as f*ck right now so stuff might get missed

I don't think Babylon Uprising has ever had an announcement on the official site.

53 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think the only thing that's likely to stop is being Monday is the announcement of anything Radio 2 wise.

But if Laverne is speaking to Emily tomorrow/Shania doing an interview my thought process would be tomorrow.

I like your thought process - I am sticking with Tuesday though just so Monday does not bring yet more disappoints................ and cos I am out all day with limited or no signal.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Could be that the election announcement has messed up the Leftfield line-up, although you wouldn't think they'd delay the entire festival line-up for that reason.

do we think AR will cancel? I hope they can fit it in to her tour on the battle bus! Could be some good news coverage of it if she still does it. 

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't think Babylon Uprising has ever had an announcement on the official site.

the area page usually gets updated.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Erm

No

really? because most people i know like the fact that its rough around the edges and not one of your manicured clean cut commercial festivals. maybe youd be better suited at v festival? erm...erm...erm

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I like your thought process - I am sticking with Tuesday though just so Monday does not bring yet more disappoints................ and cos I am out all day with limited or no signal.

It's surely got to be one of those. I certainly believe it'll be the next one. Greenpeace came after the official lineup with times previously.

Edited by northernangel

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I think Tuesday cos 22 days before lie others have said and it will not be after than as the D-Day stuff will take over with the 80th anniversary  on Thursday.

Monday would be nice though cos come on, hurry up now.

What’s the relevance of 22 days?

I'm feeling confident for tomorrow. I've been on leave since last Wednesday and know I'm returning to a shed load of sh*t to deal with and zoom calls. Bound to happen.

1 hour ago, Nuthugger said:

really? because most people i know like the fact that its rough around the edges and not one of your manicured clean cut commercial festivals. maybe youd be better suited at v festival? erm...erm...erm

You were the one that said GF was  a shambles I said it was not so I have no idea what the chuff you are on about.

I reckon Thursday morning next week before the sidetracked podcast drops. I hope it's tomorrow or Tuesday but I think it makes more sense on Thursday

Edited by Acid_Haze

24 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You were the one that said GF was  a shambles I said it was not so I have no idea what the chuff you are on about.

erm it is and i love it like that. its part of its unique charm. i suppose you just lump it in with all the other festivals dont you? but i think its a unique and brilliant place. I hope one day you see it the way i see it

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

58 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

erm it is and i love it like that. its part of its unique charm. i suppose you just lump it in with all the other festivals dont you? but i think its a unique and brilliant place. I hope one day you see it the way i see it

Top quote is the one I replied to - and nowhere does it say what you now say in the bottom one.

Please explain how the reader is supposed to know what you meant if indeed you did mean what you now say?

I also have no idea how you have decided to attack me on this as though I have no idea what GF is - I have never posted anything negative about it, your track record is one that is very negative.

Anyway, have fun at the place you love and I sahll.