LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

46 minutes ago, nikkic said:

If it’s not today, it’ll be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Or next week, or the week after. 

Not saying I’m right, I’ve just got a feeling. 

Scenes when Emily reads this and decides to wait until Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Don't think it'll be today otherwise they would have done it Friday if it was ready. I'm saying Wednesday.

yeah and it's the Radio 2 lineup announcement today too, I reckon tomorrow at the earliest.

9 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Don't think it'll be today otherwise they would have done it Friday if it was ready. I'm saying Wednesday.

Not sure I follow the logic there.

Realistically, there's any number of potential factors that could impact the timing that won't be visible to us - an embargo for some reason or another, waiting for one last piece to fall into place, someone being on annual leave, Emily getting her kicks laughing at this thread, or even more likely something that isn't going to occur to me far too early on a Monday morning.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Not sure I follow the logic there.

Realistically, there's any number of potential factors that could impact the timing that won't be visible to us - an embargo for some reason or another, waiting for one last piece to fall into place, someone being on annual leave, Emily getting her kicks laughing at this thread, or even more likely something that isn't going to occur to me far too early on a Monday morning.

Was just thinking nothing will have progressed over the weekend so no logic why they would hold it til Monday. Hoping I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

i mean today vs friday gave them 72 hours over the weekend - even if they didn't work on sunday thats still 48 hours!

16 minutes ago, goonerben said:

2002 was my first time - lineup dropped on the Monday (i.e. 2 days) before gates opened - and only then because the Guardian accidentally published it!  

I recall asking friends of mine who were going that year what was on the line up about 3-4 weeks beforehand and they had no idea....I did laugh when I saw who the headliners were! 😄 

Absolutely furious that most ticket-holders are going about their business oblivious, but because I'm on here I've had 3 days of torture convinced 'today is the day'

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Absolutely furious that most ticket-holders are going about their business oblivious, but because I'm on here I've had 3 days of torture convinced 'today is the day'

Could be worse. You could have posted “happy full line up day!” in your Glastonbury chat Thursday morning and look like more of an idiot with every passing day it doesn’t arrive 😂

• Like 1