LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

49 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm usually fairly chilled, but I'm getting a bit miffed that there still aren't the times.

I don't think there is anything they are hiding btw. 

I'm In a different office + in meetings all tomorrow and so it will be the most inconvenient time to drop. 

Tomorrow it is 😆 

Same boat. And when the timings drop I'll be annoyed that the app isn't up and running. Those are the 2 most important things for me.

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

10am tomorrow.

100% intel.

Relax, team. We've almost made it.

Ben

Real proper intel, or just the sort of guessy intel we have had up to now?

58 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Podcasts aren't live though, so if it's published on Thursday it's probably recorded no later than Wednesday. So they'd need the full lineup available when recording if it syncs up in any way, which means it's out before Thursday morning. Unless they have access to an embargoed version but that doesn't seem to happen with Glasto normally.

Not sure I see any relevance to the podcast to be honest. It's content partially about Glastonbury but quite surface level.

I think as BBC radio presenters they will probably have access to embargoed lineup in the same way the BBC did for their press release on the 30th May last week. It will be pre-recorded but likelihood is they'll release the lineup on the same day the podcast is released to use the podcast to create a bit of excitement around it.

Usually each year there is some sort of Emily Eavis guest spot on a radio station on lineup day but it seems to be that she's being interviewed on this podcast this week by the looks of things.

Edited by Acid_Haze

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

As 100% as anything is 100% with Glastonbury.

It. Is. Happening.

Ben
x

I'm working from home tomorrow - thanks for organising this Ben 😉

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I don't think Emily did say that.  It's become an urban myth on here that she did, but when asked no one could show the evidence.

regardless several other areas had - e.g. arcadia. it does seem that it got delayed for whatever reason, or these areas posted incorrectly.

not to worry now anyway, seems its 10 tomorrow

9 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Steve Davis is already on the lineup. Add Thorburn and you either have a potential uber-clash or, if they're together, a crowd that would dwarf Elton's.

Where would Ronnie O'Sullivan play? 

57 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm usually fairly chilled, but I'm getting a bit miffed that there still aren't the times.

I don't think there is anything they are hiding btw. 

I'm In a different office + in meetings all tomorrow and so it will be the most inconvenient time to drop. 

Tomorrow it is 😆 

Christ, we've had endless posts like this the last few weeks. 'I'm busy tomorrow, so it'll be tomorrow lol"

And it looks like you're actually the unlucky sod it's happened to.

I've been suffering from a particularly nasty bout of COVID for the past week so I would really really really love to have some times to pore over to distract me. Please Eavis', save me.

Just now, oakdown said:

I've been suffering from a particularly nasty bout of COVID for the past week so I would really really really love to have some times to pore over to distract me. Please Eavis', save me.

Look at it as a cause for celebration.

With such perfect timing, you should have effectively guaranteed that you'll be free and clear, and invincible by Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oakdown said:

10am tomorrow, your salve will arrive.

Ben

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think as BBC radio presenters they will probably have access to embargoed lineup in the same way the BBC did for their press release on the 30th May last week. It will be pre-recorded but likelihood is they'll release the lineup on the same day the podcast is released to use the podcast to create a bit of excitement around it.

Usually each year there is some sort of Emily Eavis guest spot on a radio station on lineup day but it seems to be that she's being interviewed on this podcast this week by the looks of things.

Don't see why a podcast would influence it, lineup times are really just for ticket holders, we already know 99% of the linuep

18 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

10am tomorrow.

100% intel.

Relax, team. We've almost made it.

Ben

Sounds about right - I have 2 meetings this week that I can't avoid ... and one is at 10am tomorrow 

Just now, CanWeRest said:

I think the May thing came from that Oxford Q&A talk she did but I can't remember if she actually said it would be May or if it was just speculation.

We had a first hand report from someone who was there, and they confirmed she didn't say anything about timings for the full lineup - so if people have got it from that then it's a result of misreporting (and wouldn't be the only thing that got misreported from that talk).

1 minute ago, CanWeRest said:

I think the May thing came from that Oxford Q&A talk she did but I can't remember if she actually said it would be May or if it was just speculation.

She made no reference to anything about May at the Oxford talk, was only about the female headliners and initial poster drop. 

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

regardless several other areas had - e.g. arcadia. it does seem that it got delayed for whatever reason, or these areas posted incorrectly.

not to worry now anyway, seems its 10 tomorrow

It was at most 2 areas, but I think it was nothing more than the social media person just saying "end of May" when asked when the set times would be - could well have been saying that with no information just cos it is usually then (and without realising we pour over and dissect every 'official' word from the festival 😄

11 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

My vague memory is that she did say end of May last year so I think maybe that memory from 2023 has been falsely attributed to happening more recently. Definitely been nothing from her this year saying end of May, just the two different social media posts from stages saying when to expect timings (although Arcadia seemed to switch to saying June).

Someone on here who usually gives reliable info (gave the Gossip/Sleaford Mods/Yard Act/TBA info on Woodsies Saturday before the poster was out) said that one of his sources was saying that the lineup was meant to come out on 30th May, and it's been delayed for whatever reason.

Would make sense with the whole BBC press release on 30th and then the fact it's been out on the 30th the past few years.

2 minutes ago, Physical_graffiti said:

It was at most 2 areas, but I think it was nothing more than the social media person just saying "end of May" when asked when the set times would be - could well have been saying that with no information just cos it is usually then (and without realising we pour over and dissect every 'official' word from the festival 😄

With the exception of 2015, every festival since 2013 has had the full line-up drop at 'the end of May'**, so anyone who has been involved with the festival for a while, like area crews etc, are likely to say that as an instinctive response to the question!

Ben

**with thanks, as ever, to The Glastonbury Thingy

• Like 1

Arcadia also tweeted once saying end of May, then tweeted again not long after saying the start of Jun. Funny that we latched onto the May info and ignored the June tweet 😂says something about how our brains work on this forum