LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Arcadia also tweeted once saying end of May, then tweeted again not long after saying the start of Jun. Funny that we latched onto the May info and ignored the June tweet 😂says something about how our brains work on this forum

As far as I’d seen it was answers to questions on fb … didn’t see any tweets … 

18 minutes ago, incident said:

We had a first hand report from someone who was there, and they confirmed she didn't say anything about timings for the full lineup - so if people have got it from that then it's a result of misreporting (and wouldn't be the only thing that got misreported from that talk).

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

She made no reference to anything about May at the Oxford talk, was only about the female headliners and initial poster drop. 

7 minutes ago, mouserat said:

My vague memory is that she did say end of May last year so I think maybe that memory from 2023 has been falsely attributed to happening more recently. Definitely been nothing from her this year saying end of May, just the two different social media posts from stages saying when to expect timings (although Arcadia seemed to switch to saying June).

I had a quick look, and I have a feeling the rumour came from this post by @gooner1990 (not saying it's your fault, I just feel like that's where it stemmed from and snowballed).

99.9 sure she just said 'line up' 

I took that as initial poster drop with the big names then the full thing will follow in May or whenever it usually arrives.

Edited by CanWeRest

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

With the exception of 2015, every festival since 2013 has had the full line-up drop at 'the end of May'**, so anyone who has been involved with the festival for a while, like area crews etc, are likely to say that as an instinctive response to the question!

Ben

**with thanks, as ever, to The Glastonbury Thingy

Yep - aside from which, given how devolved and split off into fiefdoms things can be within the festival, anything that doesn't come direct from GFL or Emily (or other senior staff, if they ever spoke publicly) should probably be treated as an educated guess - especially if it's about something more than a week away.

I wouldn't expect the person running Arcadia twitter to be much more informed on that level of detail than I am.

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

As far as I’d seen it was answers to questions on fb … didn’t see any tweets … 

Either way Arcadia said end of May, then shortly after said start of June.

4 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

I had a quick look, and I have a feeling the rumour came from this post by @gooner1990 (not saying it's your fault, I just feel like that's where it stemmed from and snowballed).

99.9 sure she just said 'line up' 

I took that as initial poster drop with the big names then the full thing will follow in May or whenever it usually arrives.

I was just  basing that on past 'line-up with times' drops not that I had any information to say that this years would be the same.

1 hour ago, GordonMcG said:

There's still a decent chunk of the Other Stage lineup to come out I think. 15 acts on the poster+James self confirm to take it to 16. 24 acts on the final lineup last year. So probably 8 or so still to be announced.

While we wait for what looks like tomorrow morning - anyone have any idea who the missing Other acts might be? I’m hoping maybe Sprints/Lottery Winners/English Teacher might get a bigger slot alongside their Left Field ones. Had also expected to see The Snuts somewhere on the lineup. And maybe also Paulo Nutuni though I don’t think his dates tie in now. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I was just  basing that on past 'line-up with times' drops not that I had any information to say that this years would be the same.

Yeah, sure. I just think the May rumour started there, or at least with the Oxford talk. 

Just now, CanWeRest said:

Yeah, sure. I just think the May rumour started there, or at least with the Oxford talk. 

'or whenever it usually arrives'  perhaps people should pay attention to that part I said too! 😄 

Honestly, I think people on this forum read/hear what they want to a lot of the time! 🙂 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

'or whenever it usually arrives'  perhaps people should pay attention to that part I said too! 😄 

Honestly, I think people on this forum read/hear what they want to a lot of the time! 🙂 

It only takes one person to see something and paraphrase it, then people to repeat it, and suddenly Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s lol. I could be wrong though, it might not have come from the Oxford talks.

3 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

It only takes one person to see something and paraphrase it, then people to repeat it, and suddenly Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s lol. I could be wrong though, it might not have come from the Oxford talks.

I was sat in the 2nd row at the talk in Oxford, I was the one relaying the information into this forum live from it....she said nothing about May in that talk I can assure you of that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heading off now on the school run and then looking after grandkids

so as  sure as there’s shite on a donkeys arse the announcement will happen when I’m trying to look after them!!

Only if you've still got them at 10am tomorrow 😉

Ben

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I was sat in the 2nd row at the talk in Oxford, I was the one relaying the information into this forum live from it....she said nothing about May in that talk I can assure you of that. 

Sorry, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'm saying I think that's where the rumour of her saying it came from. I'm not saying she said it or you said it, I'm saying I feel like something got misconstrued at that point to form the rumour. I'm honestly not having a go at you ✌🏼

43 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Sounds about right - I have 2 meetings this week that I can't avoid ... and one is at 10am tomorrow 

Pretty similar.  WFH today.  Office & meetings all day tomorrow.  Out seeing clients all day Weds.  Bugger.

18 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

While we wait for what looks like tomorrow morning - anyone have any idea who the missing Other acts might be? I’m hoping maybe Sprints/Lottery Winners/English Teacher might get a bigger slot alongside their Left Field ones. Had also expected to see The Snuts somewhere on the lineup. And maybe also Paulo Nutuni though I don’t think his dates tie in now. 

Sprints should definitely get a bigger stage slot. Other stage would be fantastic, lots of hype around them, a genuinely brilliant debut album and by all accounts an incredible live band. If not then that leftfield gig will be absolutely rammo.

3 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Sorry, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I'm saying I think that's where the rumour of her saying it came from. I'm not saying she said it or you said it, I'm saying I feel like something got misconstrued at that point to form the rumour. I'm honestly not having a go at you ✌🏼

I know. 🙂

As I said, I think people read/believe what they want to a lot of the time. 🙂  e.g 'oh look someone said May so that must be true'

22 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I would love it if english teacher did. Used to sometimes be leftfield Williams Green cross over but recently the left field headliners have only played leftfield I think. 

42 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Arcadia also tweeted once saying end of May, then tweeted again not long after saying the start of Jun. Funny that we latched onto the May info and ignored the June tweet 😂says something about how our brains work on this forum

never even saw this haha

48 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

TEMS and Soft Play are 2 more as per the BBC article the other day. 

• Thanks 1