LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Just now, sjseabass said:

Also a bit harsh on James, who have plenty of popular (and better) material than Sit Down.

Absolutely! Was listening to their best of CD the other day and it’s banger after banger. No way on this earth they are a one-hit wonder band 

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm not sure where the comparison is there.

James are playing early in the day on the Pyramid. Avril is playing early evening on the second stage.

I'm pretty confident that if either of them were slated to headline the whole shebang, then you'd hear plenty of rumblings about it.

I dunno, I just reckon if you’re gonna complain about anything - the mid card of the line up is a pretty good place to start.

I’d sooner have those two drop out and be replaced by someone who’s made interesting music in this side of the millennium. 

9 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

I find it mad that everyone has been getting het up over SZA headlining, but no one bats an eyelid at one hit wonders like James or guilty pleasure nostalgia like Avril Lavigne playing at all. You can at least make the argument that SZA is current. 

In 2016 they didn't even sing Sit Down but I guess your just trolling 

Just now, kugglaw said:

I dunno, I just reckon if you’re gonna complain about anything - the mid card of the line up is a pretty good place to start.

I’d sooner have those two drop out and be replaced by someone who’s made interesting music in this side of the millennium. 

I mean, James just released their 18th album which went to number one, actually making it their first number one record.

Knowing them, they'll probably spend half of their Glastonbury set playing songs from it, then people will complain about that as well.

Just now, kugglaw said:

Yeah, so this is what makes it obvious that you're trolling here. Obviously you're well aware that every song Avril Lavigne ever released was this side of the millennium.

There's so many slots of approximately that stature, across many different stages, that it's not credible to view any individual act as blocking the path towards "something better". Whereas at the very top, with only 3 headline slots, there's a much stronger case to be made.

17 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

I thought Taylor Swift was the biggest selling act

Well she probably is but when I think acts that can just put out date upon date and sell out Coldplay are one. Metallica certainly couldn't just sell out 5/6 Wembley dates easily. Add 4 Etihad, 2 Cardiff stadium, 2 Hampden to that. 

On 5/31/2024 at 12:10 PM, Looother said:

I think I have a way of seeing if an announcement is imminent, and I cannot see that it is imminent. Which means either that it is not imminent, or that I do not in fact have a way of seeing if it is imminent. I hope that helps.

Happily, turns out I do actually have a way of seeing if an announcement is imminent. Can confirm that 10am tomorrow is the magic moment. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

It was a 4 day festival, no? 

You'll struggle to get through the WH bottleneck I reckon. National it is 😍

Do love me some Matt and the lads.

Get me this:

1 Don’t Swallow the Cap
2 Bloodbuzz Ohio
3 Tropic Morning News
4 New Order T-Shirt
5 The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
6 I Need My Girl
7 Apartment Story
8 Conversation 16
9 Alien
10 Day I Die
11 Pink Rabbits
12 England
13 Carin at the Liquor Store
14 Graceless
15 Fake Empire
16 Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

17 Mr. November
18 Terrible Love
19 About Today

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

Absolutely! Was listening to their best of CD the other day and it’s banger after banger. No way on this earth they are a one-hit wonder band 

Sit Down is a banger - and at that, festival banger extraordinaire - but echo these sentiments. Sometimes is just gorgeous melancholy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah, so this is what makes it obvious that you're trolling here. Obviously you're well aware that every song Avril Lavigne ever released was this side of the millennium.

What about the fact that her music is simply not very good and never has been? 

38 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not sure where the comparison is there.

James are playing early in the day on the Pyramid. Avril is playing early evening on the second stage.

I'm pretty confident that if either of them were slated to headline the whole shebang, then you'd hear plenty of rumblings about it.

Ah, are James on the Pyramid?? I thought they were lined up for Other?

5 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Ah, are James on the Pyramid?? I thought they were lined up for Other?

Uh. I thought I'd heard Pyramid. But now I'm doubting it.

We'll find out for sure in 16.5 hours.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

and their new stuff has be superb for years. The latest album 'Yummy' carries that on too.

44 minutes ago, gazzared said:

In 2016 they didn't even sing Sit Down but I guess your just trolling 

Seems it was to be played but the delayed start due to repairing the muddy ground meant it was dropped and they went straight to laid at the end. Sit down on that mud and half of us wouldn’t get back up😉😊

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

So, been everywhere else at work and not being able to get an update on release date. Is there anymore news? Sigh. It's draining this wait

10am tomorrow.

• Upvote 1