LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

7 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Is there a way to see who's been newly added?

There's no debate and I'm still super excited, this Pyramid Stage on the whole is unbelievably weak. Even when you compare it massively smaller festivals.

cARTmtn.png

It's definitely the weakest Pyramid I've seen since I started going in 2010. The subs are the biggest issue imo - all of them look too high up. 

The lineup still seems slightly odd to me, but I’m cool with that, I think my Glastonbury this year is going to be very different to previous years with more exploring and discovering new stuff and probably looking more at the theatre/talk based stuff.

I’m looking forward to taking a different approach this year.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AdrianH said:

It's definitely the weakest Pyramid I've seen since I started going in 2010. The subs are the biggest issue imo - all of them look too high up. 

Last year's trio of Royal Blood, Lizzo and Ll Nas X seem like bigger names for sub acts imo.

Just now, Justcalledtosay said:

To be fair, it's not rescuing the line up though is it?

Well, no, it's not a classic year for bookings but although I hoped for a new big name, I'm not surprised there isn't one.  I guess we've been spoiled in previous years.  This year will be all about enjoying lower level bands.  I might even get to the Introducing tent!  Plenty of things I'm going to enjoy but not expecting a "once in a lifetime" moment.  But you never know!

• Upvote 1

Very happy with Soft Play and will go see Squeeze & The Zutons clash dependent. Potentially Noah and The Loners too at one of their sets. Lambrini Girls are playing about 5 sets. Slightly gutted that Bob Vylan and Cam Cole are both Sunday night as I would’ve caught them but we're probably heading home after Avril due to work. Right then, where’s Halvin? 

Looks like i'll be getting my little running legs going, trying to fit in Nia Archives, Bob Vylan and Justice all in on the same night 😄 at least west holts-leftfield-west holts isnt too bad a wander at all  

9 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i assume this is BlackSkyWhite just mislabelled:

image.png.d400e63799eef1857f359ccf34af2ac0.png

their show from a few year back was named "Berthrands Toys"...

hope so anyway, BlackSkyWhite is f**king awesome!

Agree, went to see them on a recommendation on here, amazing show! 

I am both delighted to see the Primitives unexpectedly popping up in Toad Hall, and annoyed that they clash with Jungle/Jamie XX so there's no way I'll see them.

Edited by Looother
  • Upvote 1