LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Last year's app was dogshit.  Not sure I'll bother this year to be honest.  The old EE one was better.

(Queue here to complain that the festival isn't as good as it used to be......)

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

2016, salsa lesson wearing muddy wellies, mrs c retired to a safe distance and joined the assembled crowd having a good laugh. 

I knew that but what did you do In Rimski's Yard to rival it?

23 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I knew that but what did you do In Rimski's Yard to rival it?

They had me on all fours pretending to be a table as theirs was supposedly broken. Then I took part in some sort of magic act, a stuffed rabbit was also involved.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They had me on all fours pretending to be a table as theirs was supposedly broken. Then I took part in some sort of magic act, a stuffed rabbit was also involved.

Love it!  Look forward to more of the same this year.

13 hours ago, craigManc said:

No official app today. Probly won't see it untill friday. Only maniacs launch a new app just before the weekend. 

I'm hoping so given the 'end of the week' quote but also, I wouldn't be pushing an app live on a Friday (unless my engineering team were working over the weekend in case something goes horribly wrong / it breaks).

22 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I'm hoping so given the 'end of the week' quote but also, I wouldn't be pushing an app live on a Friday (unless my engineering team were working over the weekend in case something goes horribly wrong / it breaks).

The Vodafone twitter account tweeted someone yesterday saying any time between now and Sunday 😬 surely they won't release it on the weekend 

Just now, ASAP.FEARG said:

The Vodafone twitter account tweeted someone yesterday saying any time between now and Sunday 😬 surely they won't release it on the weekend 

Presumably, they'll release it when it's ready and approved by the app stores - so that adds a bit of uncertainty.

18 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

true but i wouldn't take to social media saying that i turned down a glastonbury gig because it wasn't high-profile enough.

then again, i can't imagine turning down a glastonbury gig for any reason.

I think sometimes the whole "you should be grateful for the opportunity" attitude can keep people in precarious situations that don't really suit their needs.

It's good that artists speak out about the financial realities of playing festivals. It's not a display of disrespect against Glastonbury. 

On 6/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, kugglaw said:

This explains so much, I reckon. Feasible answer to any “why aren’t X playing?” from whiners like me. 

Yes the cost of living increase has hit musicians hard. I know I personally have cut down on how much vinyl I buy and maybe not too much the number of gigs but certainly the cost of them. There's certain venues that I frequently went to a few years ago that are just out of reach for me now.

Obviously this also goes for the festival and they are having to deal with massively rising costs but I do understand and respect Nadine's position on it. I'm really not sure on the solution to this. In an ideal world everyone playing Glastonbury would at least be breaking even and having a great weekend but I know a fair few artists have said that it costs them money to play Glastonbury. Billy Nomates and Gwenno said it last year. I really hope it doesn't become something that again only rich artists can afford to do. I'm not sure how it could work but it would be nice if some of the megastars found a way to help prop up those struggling underneath them.

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Well that's that surprise ruined. 

ffs

It was part of the Arcadia announcement. 

Unless you just meant what it was going to look like?

Screenshot_20240607_160340_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a289db25a839a479db86826f9b7a2590.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

45 minutes ago, Bmaz said:

Spotted under arcadia section in the new app, Looks to be what all of the leaks were talking about with the dragonfly design

A187F44E-9B39-430A-92AA-DEFE78D28AF0.jpeg

Nice one mate. 

efestivals are crying.