LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

19 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Presumably not -that- tommy cooper ?

There's a "Best of Tommy Cooper" act that is performing elsewhere over the weekend, presumably him. But comedy tribute acts are a bit weird.

Need some help Hive mind.  Ages ago someone mention a band called US (i think they play glasto o sea last year?) they sounded like my type of thing but I cant find the post or any sign of them on the line up or clash finder 

Does anyone know if they're playing? and if so where?

3 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Need some help Hive mind.  Ages ago someone mention a band called US (i think they play glasto o sea last year?) they sounded like my type of thing but I cant find the post or any sign of them on the line up or clash finder 

Does anyone know if they're playing? and if so where?

Screenshot_20240612_163152_Glastonbury.jpg

7 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

..... should have checked the app... 🤦‍♂️. Thank you

Odd its not on Clashfinder 

It’s on clashfinder for me. Have you set it to show all stages?

14 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

a few site pics up today including some magnificent bin art

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/site-snaps-two-weeks-to-go-until-the-festival/

There's a confusing picture of a sign that says Don't Hazard! Indicate. That sounds like they're telling you not to hazard indicate, BUT the Don't Hazard bit is in red and the Indicate bit is in black. So are they saying "don't cause a hazard, indicate"? Like, do use your hazard indicators? Or don't use hazard indicators, use your regular indicators (L/R). The picture seems to be of a vehicle with their hazards on and a cross going through it. I would be so confused if I saw that while driving round site.

What are your thoughts?

Screenshot_20240613-101023.png

Edited by CharlotteB
Adding pic

4 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

There's a confusing picture of a sign that says Don't Hazard! Indicate. That sounds like they're telling you not to hazard indicate, BUT the Don't Hazard bit is in red and the Indicate bit is in black. So are they saying "don't cause a hazard, indicate"? Like, do use your hazard indicators? Or don't use hazard indicators, use your regular indicators (L/R). The picture seems to be of a vehicle with their hazards on and a cross going through it. I would be so confused if I saw that while driving round site.

What are your thoughts?

Don't, Don't Bother Luke. That's as clear as it can be. : r/DunderMifflin

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

What are your thoughts?

It’ll be telling vehicles moving around site not to drive with their hazards on as it means staff directing traffic won’t be able to tell if they wish to turn.  Just leave hazards off and indicate when you need to and everyone will understand where you’re intending to go and be able to direct pedestrians accordingly.

Edited by Pipine

51 minutes ago, Pipine said:

It’ll be telling vehicles moving around site not to drive with their hazards on as it means staff directing traffic won’t be able to tell if they wish to turn.  Just leave hazards off and indicate when you need to and everyone will understand where you’re intending to go and be able to direct pedestrians accordingly.

That makes perfect sense, and that's exactly what I would've done if that sign wasn't there. They really need to amend that piece of signage 😅

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

That makes perfect sense, and that's exactly what I would've done if that sign wasn't there. They really need to amend that piece of signage 😅

but the sign literally says that. don't use your hazards, use your indicators. the pic shows a car with both indicators on at the same time, like what they do when you have hazards on. I'm not seeing the confusion 🙂

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

but the sign literally says that. don't use your hazards, use your indicators. the pic shows a car with both indicators on at the same time, like what they do when you have hazards on. I'm not seeing the confusion 🙂

But imagine you're driving. You don't get to look at the sign in a non stress environment on a computer screen while sat in the office, or whatever. And the picture just looks like a car with headlights on. Plus, you know from past Glastonbury's that virtually every vehicle moving around does have their hazard lights on. I definitely think they could be clearer. Just the words HAZARD LIGHTS with a cross through would say it all. This way is convoluted. 

5 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

What are your thoughts?

It took me a couple of glances to get it, I'll give you that 😅

6 hours ago, paulshane said:

that’s right… in the context of a farm which is a construction site, everything is a hazard.  You don’t need to indicate you are a hazard… everyone already knows that - they just need to know where you’re headed!  😂

4 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Plus, you know from past Glastonbury's that virtually every vehicle moving around does have their hazard lights on

That’s because when the festival is on it’s not a construction site so the vehicle becomes a hazard and needs to have its hazards on. 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

That’s because when the festival is on it’s not a construction site so the vehicle becomes a hazard and needs to have its hazards on. 

So then someone has to run around and take all those signs down? What a world!

What happened to common sense?

Edited by CharlotteB

12 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

So then someone has to run around and take all those signs down? What a world!

What happened to common sense?

Tbh, that's not unusual either at Glastonbury or at other festivals. There's plenty of routing signs that will be changed at various points through the entire lifecycle.

On 6/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, gigpusher said:

Yes the cost of living increase has hit musicians hard. I know I personally have cut down on how much vinyl I buy and maybe not too much the number of gigs but certainly the cost of them. There's certain venues that I frequently went to a few years ago that are just out of reach for me now.

Obviously this also goes for the festival and they are having to deal with massively rising costs but I do understand and respect Nadine's position on it. I'm really not sure on the solution to this. In an ideal world everyone playing Glastonbury would at least be breaking even and having a great weekend but I know a fair few artists have said that it costs them money to play Glastonbury. Billy Nomates and Gwenno said it last year. I really hope it doesn't become something that again only rich artists can afford to do. I'm not sure how it could work but it would be nice if some of the megastars found a way to help prop up those struggling underneath them.

A good start would be to lobby the likes of Spotify to have a fair pay per play model.  Already successful artists take more of the subscription.  Even if you don't listen to Coldplay (for example) some of your subscription fee would go to them.