What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Finalised out spreadsheet now! Trying to square the circle of putting people in groups of 4, despite only leadbooker having to pay and getting all the tickets!

Yes, that is a shame but I think as with coach we have to assume a very quick sale, so you do right to reduce the number of successful transactions required. 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yes, that is a shame but I think as with coach we have to assume a very quick sale, so you do right to reduce the number of successful transactions required. 

Think it's gonna be a little longer than the coach one tho, that was over in about 8 mins?! Have to assume there were way less coach combos in the pot. 

22k coach packages out of 125k tickets sold? So about 18%. 

Will the main resale be around 6 times longer? I doubt it, but at least until the 20 min mark?! 

With the group sizes, unfortunately, there's still those who wish to stay alone or in a pair.

We've got 21 groups and something like 100 people trying tho. Fingers crossed we get thru 21 times out of something like a thousand refreshes🤞🏻

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think it's gonna be a little longer than the coach one tho, that was over in about 8 mins?! Have to assume there were way less coach combos in the pot. 

22k coach packages out of 125k tickets sold? So about 18%. 

Will the main resale be around 6 times longer? I doubt it, but at least until the 20 min mark?! 

That seems pretty optimistic. 

Whilst we all know there were certainly some stragglers in these parts, last year they publicly said general resale was done in just over twenty minutes. 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-03-28/glastonbury-festival-resale-tickets-sell-out-in-20-minutes

Now we have the most time consuming second phase removed and also reduced likelihood of those  stragglers cropping up. 

Thursday reduced from 18 to 10, so Sunday could be similarly dramatic and we should assume it will. 

So I'm just saying you're right to reduce transactions to the min - better to have a ticket and need to meet up, signed delivery, courier or whatever than not have a ticket - but that's just me, I've never had ticket despatch issues in 5 decades either. 

Have decided to give it a go tomorrow with our group of 4 despite having hip replacement 3 weeks ago. Am hoping to make sufficient progress by 12 weeks at end June to manage at least 3 days on site! Last year managed with 1 stick so fingers crossed I get there. Might be a bit dodgy if it’s muddy but at least it will give me motivation for physio and exercise to get me in shape. Wish me luck! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sedra said:

Have decided to give it a go tomorrow with our group of 4 despite having hip replacement 3 weeks ago. Am hoping to make sufficient progress by 12 weeks at end June to manage at least 3 days on site! Last year managed with 1 stick so fingers crossed I get there. Might be a bit dodgy if it’s muddy but at least it will give me motivation for physio and exercise to get me in shape. Wish me luck! 

Good luck with everything, fingers crossed you have a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, sedra said:

all the best for tomorrow 🙂 good luck

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

That seems pretty optimistic. 

Whilst we all know there were certainly some stragglers in these parts, last year they publicly said general resale was done in just over twenty minutes. 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-03-28/glastonbury-festival-resale-tickets-sell-out-in-20-minutes

Now we have the most time consuming second phase removed and also reduced likelihood of those  stragglers cropping up. 

Thursday reduced from 18 to 10, so Sunday could be similarly dramatic and we should assume it will. 

So I'm just saying you're right to reduce transactions to the min - better to have a ticket and need to meet up, signed delivery, courier or whatever than not have a ticket - but that's just me, I've never had ticket despatch issues in 5 decades either. 

Personally, with the people in the group and how everyone's talking about Glasto, I would be surprised about any scammers going through all this effort for a few hundred quid.

I'm pretty optimistic given the Glastobation poll, but as ever, you never know! Better to hold onto hope than already give up though imo.

Good luck tomorrow at any rate!

8 hours ago, sedra said:

You'll totally boss it! No shortage of people who'll help you out once you're there! Good luck for tomorrow!

Got a great deal from here with Delta Airlines and booked some cheap flights from Ellesmere Port International to Shepton Mallet terminal 3 ...I even got the executive lounge for free 👍

Edited by gazzared
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Personally, with the people in the group and how everyone's talking about Glasto, I would be surprised about any scammers going through all this effort for a few hundred quid.

I'm pretty optimistic given the Glastobation poll, but as ever, you never know! Better to hold onto hope than already give up though imo.

Good luck tomorrow at any rate!

Oh aye, I wasn't meaning anything other than I think it may well be nearer ten than twenty mins without the payment giving us an extra stage to stretch the process out.

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Got a great deal from here with Delta Airlines and booked some cheap flights from Ellesmere Port International to Shepton Mallet terminal 3 ...I even got the executive lounge for free 👍

free transfers to the monorail too?

In more thread related info though, I got my titanium spork and knife set from aliexpress in the post yesterday 🙂

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

don't know if material type ones can be properly waterproof ? 

(After a frustrating battle with the forum's daft IP banning 'feature' - hope the following is worth it...)

Yes they can be, as the waterproofing is done by the Goretex membrane (or eVent or whatever version they're using) whilst the fabric is just to sandwich the thin membrane to protect it.  Two things can go wrong with this though:

If the boot design doesn't result in your foot being completely enclosed in a Goretex bag, then the water will get in through the gaps.  Two common areas where this happens are (1) the bit where it laces up (the tongue needs to be joined to the rest of the boot all the way up, like a wellie with a pleat folded into the front of it) and (2) poor stitching, or whatever they've stuck it together with.  So you need to do a search for reviews to check whether your boots have got any design flaws like this, and also test them out in some deep puddles to make sure.

After you've used them for a long time, the waterproof coating will wear off the fabric.  Although this isn't the Goretex, it still has an important role to play - it ensures any water on the fabric 'beads' and rolls off.  If it doesn't, then the fabric will get sodden where, next to the Goretex, it will block the pores (so the Goretex is no longer breathable) and if the material is really sodden you will actually force moisture back through the pores into your boot when your foot presses against it.  This is the reason for using those waterproofing sprays or wash-in products like NikWax etc. - not for the Goretex, but to try and keep the fabric from getting sodden.  (Spoiler: they don't work that well in my experience - once your Goretex gear has worn out, you can never get it working as well as when it was new.)

For those of us who can hike all day in wellies without any problems, it's comforting to know you've got an emergency pair in your tent.

• Thanks 1