Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

5 hours ago, WhatADin said:

I cannot for the life of me work out who we are going to have now.... with the financial side of everything I doubt we'll get any US acts (although I really wish we would). If Superstruct are booking LG, would Noel be like Nahhhhh? Kasabian still feels right. I think based on chatter from Glastonbury etc I I think the 1975 are a no/too big.

We don't really tend to share headliners with Boardmasters either, so that rules LG and Flo out (and I believe that LG is exclusive to Boardmasters as well?)

When do Truck etc tend to announce. I reckon we're only a couple of weeks from a first announcement though.

so a few of us have gone with FATBOY NOEL KASABIAN with Flo(now at boardmasters) 1975 2door and capaldi thrown around.

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

so a few of us have gone with FATBOY NOEL KASABIAN with Flo(now at boardmasters) 1975 2door and capaldi thrown around.

Don’t reckon Fatboy either now.  He’s at wilderness and looking at previous festivals they don’t really share with Victorious.  Noel, Kasabian and Lewis Capaldi would be great.  Seems a bit expensive though 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Don’t reckon Fatboy either now.  He’s at wilderness and looking at previous festivals they don’t really share with Victorious.  Noel, Kasabian and Lewis Capaldi would be great.  Seems a bit expensive though 

I reckon Noel Capaldi and Kasabian is do-able although if this was the trio i can't see why it wouldn't have been announced by now

Edited by gfa

9 hours ago, WhatADin said:

I cannot for the life of me work out who we are going to have now.... with the financial side of everything I doubt we'll get any US acts (although I really wish we would). If Superstruct are booking LG, would Noel be like Nahhhhh? Kasabian still feels right. I think based on chatter from Glastonbury etc I I think the 1975 are a no/too big.

We don't really tend to share headliners with Boardmasters either, so that rules LG and Flo out (and I believe that LG is exclusive to Boardmasters as well?)

When do Truck etc tend to announce. I reckon we're only a couple of weeks from a first announcement though.

Announcement should be 2 weeks tomorrow yeah based on last year. 

Last year we got Friday Headliner Stereophonics 

Friday third down James

Saturday sub The Wombats

Saturday third down Declan McKenna

Saturday Special guest Sugababes

Nothing of the big acts for Castle on Saturday and nothing for Common on Sunday

Sunday Castle, sub Nothing But Thieves, third Becky Hill, 4th Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Then a bunch of lower down acts.

I think this year we will get more, I reckon 1 Common headliner and 1 castle headliner and 1 special guest. 

Then a sub from Common, sub from Castle and a few higher acts.

51 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Announcement should be 2 weeks tomorrow yeah based on last year. 

Last year we got Friday Headliner Stereophonics 

Friday third down James

Saturday sub The Wombats

Saturday third down Declan McKenna

Saturday Special guest Sugababes

Nothing of the big acts for Castle on Saturday and nothing for Common on Sunday

Sunday Castle, sub Nothing But Thieves, third Becky Hill, 4th Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Then a bunch of lower down acts.

I think this year we will get more, I reckon 1 Common headliner and 1 castle headliner and 1 special guest. 

Then a sub from Common, sub from Castle and a few higher acts.

I reckon we’ll still get an announcement but remember the info on the tramlines forum That there’s struggles to tie people down this year.  That’s obvs the reason for the delays in Truck, Y Not etc…. Announcing

16 minutes ago, sisco said:

I reckon we’ll still get an announcement but remember the info on the tramlines forum That there’s struggles to tie people down this year.  That’s obvs the reason for the delays in Truck, Y Not etc…. Announcing

Truck announces the bulk of their line up, all their headliners. Victorious never does, what I mentioned 20 acts, 1 headliner on common and castle and 1 special guest and lower acts totally do-able. 

Still think Superstruct will announce something for all their fests before Xmas to try and sell as presents, they would be daft not to 

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Truck announces the bulk of their line up, all their headliners. Victorious never does, what I mentioned 20 acts, 1 headliner on common and castle and 1 special guest and lower acts totally do-able. 

Still think Superstruct will announce something for all their fests before Xmas to try and sell as presents, they would be daft not to 

Yeah I agree, I think because victorious only normally announce 1 header it’s likely they’ll still do something before Christmas 

It's usually around the 10thish of December the first announcement. Occasionally we'll get a tease on the Castle Field... but since The Streets.... I don't think we've had one of those have we? Even then I think those were usually the Spring announcements, rather than the December one.

I've been buttering up my mate who is extended family of the OG organisers, but they are giving me nothingggg. lol

EDIT: Good Vibrations was in March - https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/whats-on/huge-good-vibrations-sign-put-castle-field-sparking-victorious-festival-line-speculation-319656 (Sidenote, I don't remember it being that snowy in 2018!??!)

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/people/victorious-festival-2020-does-fit-u-know-it-sign-southsea-common-give-clue-headliner-1374502 - Streets was Jan

Edited by WhatADin

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Not many acts around wanting to play the mid-size fests. As always TDCC, BBC, Stereophonics are about (obviously the latter does not apply for Victorious this year), Kasabian are around again but remains to be seen where they see themselves after their fairly successful revival. Noel Gallagher, Bastille, Blossoms, Courteeners, Kooks? 

It's the same acts that have been doing these fests last 5 years.

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

Not many acts around wanting to play the mid-size fests. As always TDCC, BBC, Stereophonics are about (obviously the latter does not apply for Victorious this year), Kasabian are around again but remains to be seen where they see themselves after their fairly successful revival. Noel Gallagher, Bastille, Blossoms, Courteeners, Kooks? 

It's the same acts that have been doing these fests last 5 years.

I suppose from that list TDCC, Kasabian, Noel and Courteeners could play.  All the rest played too recently. 

Looking at TRSMT The 1975 at a big push (although think they’re too big) and Heaton & Abbott as a Castle Header (and obvs Kasabian)

From Boardmasters I reckon Victorious get Little Simz 

Then it’s waiting for the others to announce for more clues 

10 hours ago, sisco said:

I suppose from that list TDCC, Kasabian, Noel and Courteeners could play.  All the rest played too recently. 

Looking at TRSMT The 1975 at a big push (although think they’re too big) and Heaton & Abbott as a Castle Header (and obvs Kasabian)

From Boardmasters I reckon Victorious get Little Simz 

Then it’s waiting for the others to announce for more clues 

Courteeners are subbing at IOW so they're out. 

11 hours ago, WhatADin said:

It's usually around the 10thish of December the first announcement. Occasionally we'll get a tease on the Castle Field... but since The Streets.... I don't think we've had one of those have we? Even then I think those were usually the Spring announcements, rather than the December one.

I've been buttering up my mate who is extended family of the OG organisers, but they are giving me nothingggg. lol

Would Jamie T be a shout? He played the Guildhall the other day and the tickets sold out right away. I had it on a Twicket alert but literally couldn't get there fast enough. 

I just noticed Victorious saying buy your tickets by Friday 2nd December for chance to win backstage passes, premium upgrade, £100 Lidl vouchers etc. 

I wonder if it's this Friday the first announcement might get made instead then.

Pay day for a lot of people, line up just announced, buy by today to get entered into competition? 

Maybe...

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I just noticed Victorious saying buy your tickets by Friday 2nd December for chance to win backstage passes, premium upgrade, £100 Lidl vouchers etc. 

I wonder if it's this Friday the first announcement might get made instead then.

Pay day for a lot of people, line up just announced, buy by today to get entered into competition? 

Maybe...

be good fingers crossed