Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

24 minutes ago, sisco said:

Although just had a look at all of the socials and none of the likes of Tramlines, Y Not, Truck are saying anything barring the Christmas tickets.  They always tease a lineup is coming.

Victorious is the one that doesn’t tbf… just suddenly released 

YNot will struggle next year I imagine. 

I saw an interview with one of the lads who runs Victorious and he said that coming out of the pandemic they asked another festival to share an act and they refused. 

I think this mentality is continuing and YNot is stuck out there without being part of a big booking power behind it.

They said they learned a lesson from this and won't forget it. I also think will lead them to be more aggressive with their booking. 

7 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

YNot will struggle next year I imagine. 

I saw an interview with one of the lads who runs Victorious and he said that coming out of the pandemic they asked another festival to share an act and they refused. 

I think this mentality is continuing and YNot is stuck out there without being part of a big booking power behind it.

They said they learned a lesson from this and won't forget it. I also think will lead them to be more aggressive with their booking. 

Just have to look at the drop off in quality for that new welsh fest to see y not will struggle. will be interesting to see what happens

With this lot playing earlier in the summer, who do you reckon is the most realistic option for victorious? Potential headliners/special afternoon guests?

I’m very optimistic (overly 🤣) but would be pretty cool to see Sting at victorious! Genuinely do think there are some realistic options here, as well some maybe not so

89214170-9B99-429A-82B5-E5A1F9471340.png

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

With this lot playing earlier in the summer, who do you reckon is the most realistic option for victorious? Potential headliners/special afternoon guests?

I’m very optimistic (overly 🤣) but would be pretty cool to see Sting at victorious! Genuinely do think there are some realistic options here, as well some maybe not so

Sting would be epic, a lot of those would be epic. George Ezra, Blondie and Gabrielle are at IOW so that would be a no for them.

In terms of undercard who are we thinking? 

Personally I could see Tom Grennan, Circa Waves, Tom Odell, The Snuts, The Amazons, Mini Webb, Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs and Tom Walker all appearing.

As for headliners

Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, and perhaps a curveball of Dermot Kennedy. Headlined Electric Picnic in Ireland alongside Arctic Monkeys and Tame Impala. Obviously his stock isn’t as high in the UK, but an Arena Tour and a Number 1 album could put him in the running

10 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Anyone know how much of a share we get with bearded theory? Just announced, hopefully the start of many more!

4A41E080-52D2-43B3-BCF1-31F048D9490D.thumb.jpeg.f143421198a70426854c02a6ffaa2e98.jpeg

This year we shared Amy McDonald, Lauran Hibberd.... that's about all I can see. I could be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Also, the image has DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE written on it... have they dropped the ball there?

EDIT: Looks like it may have been a pop up ad

Edited by WhatADin

5 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Lytham is a Festival Republic event so you’re unlikely to get any of them.