Thefts/Robberies

august1

• 1 year later...

Not a theft or a robbery, but my mate was in the medical tent on Saturday night and a bloke walked in who had had his face slashed with a knife. He told the paramedics that someone had walked up to him in the crowd, slashed him and then ran off. Needless to say the paramedics said that this simply just doesn’t happen, especially at Glastonbury. He stuck with his story though. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Not a theft or a robbery, but my mate was in the medical tent on Saturday night and a bloke walked in who had had his face slashed with a knife. He told the paramedics that someone had walked up to him in the crowd, slashed him and then ran off. Needless to say the paramedics said that this simply just doesn’t happen, especially at Glastonbury. He stuck with his story though. 

Why wouldn’t they believe them? 

our tents were done over at least once friend woke to find someone shining torch in his , mattress tipped up in mine  , wed had warning day before from camp stewards to use lockups day before but already had , Michaels Mead .... use the lockups people ... think I got home a few mins later and didnt see anyone or walked straight past them unaware 

Not a theft or robbery but I was walking through silver hayes Saturday night with the other half with my hood up as was I cold and some security guy ran up to me and asked to see my wristband. I showed it to him and he inspected it very carefully and said thanks. Probably should have told him to jog on when he asked but have been wondering what that was all about? Anyone had anything similar? Did I just look dodgy or something haha.

Could just have been that your sleeve covered the wristband and they were more on the ball about gatecrashers this year.  I've heard a lot of talk that the last few years the blackmarket route in had grown to industrial proportions and they'd cracked down to shut a lot of that down.  I think it contributed to the feeling that the place was less rammed.

45 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Could just have been that your sleeve covered the wristband and they were more on the ball about gatecrashers this year.  I've heard a lot of talk that the last few years the blackmarket route in had grown to industrial proportions and they'd cracked down to shut a lot of that down.  I think it contributed to the feeling that the place was less rammed.

Fair enough if that was the case and they were being vigilant, just seemed totally random to pick me out specifically (my wristband was indeed up me sleeve so maybe that's all it was).

23 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Fair enough if that was the case and they were being vigilant, just seemed totally random to pick me out specifically (my wristband was indeed up me sleeve so maybe that's all it was).

I seen loads of Scouse lads get wristband checked on site. There was a certain style of clothing definitely getting picked out

8 hours ago, august1 said:

I seen loads of Scouse lads get wristband checked on site. There was a certain style of clothing definitely getting picked out

Ha ha we got checked walking down from the hill Friday morning as it looked like we had come down from the fence according to the security guard. Had a joke with the guards about picking on scousers. For the record I had a pink top on and light coloured cargo shorts and did not look like a 'North Face ninja" 🤣

7 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Did anyone think there were more police on site on Sunday? I’d seen occasional pairs of police here and there all weekend but Sunday they seemed to be everywhere.  Might’ve just been coincidence.

Maybe I imagined it, but I think I actually saw the Met walking about at one point.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Funny how it goes, I reckon I saw about 8 coppers all week.  For all I know they could have been out there on horses with fairy wings and smiles like years gone by and I just never happened across them.

The plod were definitely about. I saw more of them this year than usual. All good spirited, though. Doing a good job. 

IMG_3673.thumb.jpeg.fcd51125ff3a113a7b6d75b3ba805870.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Why wouldn’t they believe them? 

I feel like that's a pretty serious accusation, so either he was barely injured, or something made his story less believable and they suspected something else surely. 

I would hate for anything like that to happen at Glastonbury. I do fear "something" will happen eventually which will change the whole festival one day.

1 minute ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I feel like that's a pretty serious accusation, so either he was barely injured, or something made his story less believable and they suspected something else surely. 

I would hate for anything like that to happen at Glastonbury. I do fear "something" will happen eventually which will change the whole festival one day.

At some point back in the 90s didn't someone whip out a gun and shoot people?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes that happened although can't remember if anyone actually got shot. I'm sure someone on here will know the details.

Edited by dccool

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not sure they shot people so much as shot the gun in the air a couple of times to threaten.  Seem to recall it was at the other stage during the day when gigs were on, so any bullet in any direction at body level would have hit someone.