BST 2023

mike99

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Don’t be daft

Headlined Finsbury Park last time they were over here. I reckon with a couple of strong support acts they could do BST.

(Probably wishful thinking on my part. But it really is the only place other than Glastonbury I can see them playing here)

16 hours ago, LMP said:

Headlined Finsbury Park last time they were over here. I reckon with a couple of strong support acts they could do BST.

(Probably wishful thinking on my part. But it really is the only place other than Glastonbury I can see them playing here)

Its more that its not a BST booking really but I don't think its impossible. When they get rockier names they are usually a lot more legendary than QOTSA.

That being said they do have those smaller 45k dates and that is basically the same as finsbury

First time at BST for the Springsteen show on the Saturday. Didn’t realise it was a festival setup when I bought the tickets, just thought I was booking a Springsteen show 😆

Now that I know there will be a little more to it than that I was wondering how many subs I should be expecting and how far out these are usually announced based on previous years. 

What we saying?

still searching ticket for Springsteen on the 6th but got ticket for Guns N' Roses which will be my first time at BST and also wonder when and what might be added. looking at previous years seems there are 3 stages, one with small acts but two with preety good acts around 5 for each stage, seems it was announced preety late around one or two months before. 

Springsteen concerts are sold out so not sure if many good bands will be added but for Guns N' Roses it might actually effect the sales, hoping for The Cult or Melvins. maybe The White Buffalo for Springsteen days as they are opening for him on Italy? 

Edited by amfest12

2 hours ago, amfest12 said:

got ticket for Guns N' Roses which will be my first time at BST and also wonder when and what might be added. looking at previous years seems there are 3 stages, one with small acts but two with preety good acts around 5 for each stage, seems it was announced preety late around one or two months before. 

but for Guns N' Roses it might actually effect the sales, hoping for The Cult or Melvins. 

I would be pretty happy with The Cult. I never seem to care for GNR support bands that they have for UK dates. They tend to be american acts that I know nothing about and so hoping that BST put together a decent package. We should get one reasonable big name as that tends to be the BST way maybe some one like Alter Bridge, Ghost etc.

Amyl & the Sniffers should be in with a good shout to make the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...