Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

41 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

RATM aren‘t out for sure as Werchter would be one full year after Zack‘s accident.

Still not likely though… Even if they could play, I think they can‘t commit early enough for Werchter to be able to book them.

I woud imagine RW wanting to announce their headliners by next month at least. 

• Upvote 1

Blimey, been a bit of a nightmare in this thread today hasn’t it, haha? 

I just hope with DM and RATM out, they don’t just go for the simple ordinary bands that tour the circuit every couple of years. But as it stands I don’t really know who they could get? Still, it’s Werchter so fingers crossed

Slightly updating my prediction from page 1:

Thursday: Muse / Massive Attack / Rosalia

Friday: Arctic Monkeys / Queens of the Stone Age / The Smile

Saturday: Kendrick Lamar / The Weeknd / Olivia Rodrigo

Sunday: System of a Down / Bring Me The Horizon / Nine Inch Nails

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I would be surprised if SOAD toured next year. Also, Muse will play the saturday apparently. 

Some nice names though!

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Massive Attack would be a dream but for some reason they are not playing RW for ±20 years now. Plus there is an ongoing medical issue with one of them forcing them to cancel all concerts this year. Kendrick is not my cup of tea and AM was a huge disappointment last time I saw them but if NIN and The Smile are in The Barn at the same I'll be super happy and I'll be wishing you all a great time at the Main stage! 😁

I think Florence is a strong contender to be there. Same for Damon Albarn either at the Barn (if solo) or the Main stage (with Gorillaz or Blur). Really hoping that SOAD will tour next year!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

NIN will not tour according to Trent, but who knows

That's a bummer...

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I really wonder if The Smile are going to continue on the high they are on right now, releasing album 2 fairly quickly and touring it as early as next year. 

I hope so.  

I hope so too even though that 'd mean Radiohead remaining in hibernation mode sadly. Nevertheless, Thom and Jonny on inspiration spree is always music to my ears (literally 😂) and they really seem to be enjoying themselves right now!

12 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Oh and if StuBru is correct we can write off AM too:

"It's your only chance to see them live in our country in the near future"

https://stubru.be/lees/vijf-redenen-waarom-jij-bij-de-exclusieve-show-van-arctic-monkeys-moet-zijn?view=web

Nah, that's just StuBru being their usual stupid selves. Basically the articles is listing reasons why you should participate to the contest for their album showcase next weekend. And the point you're quoting actually says "it might be their last Belgian show for a while, cause we don't see any other Belgian dates in the tour schedule on their website". Casually ignoring that everything is lining up for new European dates tbc. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, BenG92 said:

Kendrick and Weeknd need swapping, no way is the Weeknd playing a stage without closing it out. Far more popular than kendrick too. 

8 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Kendrick and Weeknd need swapping, no way is the Weeknd playing a stage without closing it out. Far more popular than kendrick too. 

Thinking about it they're probably both too big to play the same night, but yeah, would be swapped.

19 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

They would both sensational bookings by RW. I am hoping for at least one of them, but the Weeknd probably is too big. I am also thinking more and more that Kendrick will do Les Ardentes, given the not so great sales of his Sportpaleis show + the fact he was originally planned for Werchter 2020, but was then moved to Les Ardentes 2021 (both cancelled anyway).

1 hour ago, polnico said:

They would both sensational bookings by RW. I am hoping for at least one of them, but the Weeknd probably is too big. I am also thinking more and more that Kendrick will do Les Ardentes, given the not so great sales of his Sportpaleis show + the fact he was originally planned for Werchter 2020, but was then moved to Les Ardentes 2021 (both cancelled anyway).

Hope Kendrick to one dat play that canceled RW show though. He was one of the reasons for me to buy a combi.

The Weeknd sold out 2 times the SportPaleis and Kendrick didn't sell out so quickly 1 show there. It makes sense to see him headlining one day above KL if they play both on the same day! If Live Nation gave Kendrick to Les Ardentes in 2021, it confirms he's not such a huge headliner for Rock Werchter... Even with their bigger field, the festival is not as important as RW and Stromae is the only headliner from Ardentes 2022 able to be also an headliner at RW.

Made a little prediction at the lineup, based on the very early rumours we have. Probably way out though. 

THURSDAY

Main - Guns N Roses, Florence & the Machine, Oscar & the Wolf, Biffy Clyro, The Wombats, The Cribs, Nova Twins

Barn - Parov Stelar, Fleet Foxes, The Lumineers, Angel Olsen, The Amazons, The Big Moon

Klub C - Fred Again.., Dave, Broken Bells, Banks, Maggie Rogers, 100 Gecs, 

FRIDAY

Main - Stromae, My Chemical Romance, Placebo, Olivia Rodrigo, Portugal the Man, Frank Turner, Sam Ryder

Barn - Halsey, FKA Twigs, George Ezra, Sigrid, Manchester Orchestra, Oliver Sim

Klub C - Chase & Status, Franz Ferdinand, Loyle Carner, PinkPantheress, Rina Sawayama, Sylvie Kreusch

SATURDAY

Main - Muse, Editors, Christine & the Queens, Ghost, Blackbox Revelation, Circa Waves, Amyl & the Sniffers

Barn - Pulp, Hozier, Rex Orange County, Mac DeMarco, Orville Peck, Marcus Mumford

Klub C - Caribou, Thundercat, Tash Sultana, Slowthai, Japanese Breakfast, Lola Haro

SUNDAY 

Main - Arctic Monkeys, Qotsa, The 1975, Rosalia, Bastille, The Gaslight Anthem, Blackwave

Barn - Paolo Nutini, Sigur Ros, Father John Misty, Dermot Kennedy, Cage the Elephant, Maisie Peters

Klub C - Robyn, Hot Chip, Sampha, Danny Brown, Wet Leg, Gayle

21 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

This makes way for Taylor Swift being at RW. I would move that.

Very plausible at this stage you would imagine, unless there’s some very closely guarded secret tours we know nothing about the pool is dwindling with every passing day  

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

Made a little prediction at the lineup, based on the very early rumours we have. Probably way out though. 

THURSDAY

Main - Guns N Roses, Florence & the Machine, Oscar & the Wolf, Biffy Clyro, The Wombats, The Cribs, Nova Twins

Barn - Parov Stelar, Fleet Foxes, The Lumineers, Angel Olsen, The Amazons, The Big Moon

FRIDAY

Main - Stromae, My Chemical Romance, Placebo, Olivia Rodrigo, Portugal the Man, Frank Turner, Sam Ryder

Klub C - Chase & Status, Franz Ferdinand, Loyle Carner, PinkPantheress, Rina Sawayama, Sylvie Kreusch

SATURDAY

Main - Muse, Editors, Christine & the Queens, Ghost, Blackbox Revelation, Circa Waves, Amyl & the Sniffers

Barn - Pulp, Hozier, Rex Orange County, Mac DeMarco, Orville Peck, Marcus Mumford

Klub C - Caribou, Thundercat, Tash Sultana, Slowthai, Japanese Breakfast, Lola Haro

SUNDAY 

Main - Arctic Monkeys, Qotsa, The 1975, Rosalia, Bastille, The Gaslight Anthem, Blackwave

Barn - Paolo Nutini, Sigur Ros, Father John Misty, Dermot Kennedy, Cage the Elephant, Maisie Peters

I don't imagine Guns N Roses at RW at all. Not the kind of headliners the festival takes and won't sell enough tickets on their own for sure. Oscar And The Wolf will play as co-headline or sub at least, if they come back in 2023. Zero chance to see Nova Twins on the Main Stage...

About Ghost, pretty sure he will (co-)headline Graspop next year. There are some good ideas for the the rest. But I hope the line-up will be really different because this won't make me come back at RW next year...

1 hour ago, 01seb said:

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY 

More than enough for me across that whole weekend, I'd be in. Fred Again against GNR would be perfect although not sure I see GNR at RW