Pulp to return in 2023

briddj

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

George Ezra, 1975, Sam Fender headlining TRNSMT with Pulp subbing.

They are subbing the pyramid 100%

https://cengizadabag.org/2022/10/trnsmt-reveals-90s-britpop-legends-to-headline-festival-as-band-reunites-for-2023-tour/

Britpop legends Pulp will be one of the headline acts at next year’s TRNSMT, organisers have said

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

https://cengizadabag.org/2022/10/trnsmt-reveals-90s-britpop-legends-to-headline-festival-as-band-reunites-for-2023-tour/

Britpop legends Pulp will be one of the headline acts at next year’s TRNSMT, organisers have said

Well for a three day event who from George, Sam, 1975 would agree to sub? All three are headliners.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

True.

I actually wouldn't mind if they subbed but it would be absolutely rammed.

Maybe. But I’ve said for a while now that I think the demographic of efests is skewing the size of their reunion a bit.

Pulp have never in their entire career been a headline or nothing band.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Maybe. But I’ve said for a while now that I think the demographic of efests is skewing the size of their reunion a bit.

Pulp have never in their entire career been a headline or nothing band.

I think you'd be surprised of the pull. If they subbed the pyramid they'd easily be the biggest thing on at that moment. I don't think people on here are overblowing it that much. I've seen maybe one suggestion they'd headline but most of us don't expect that.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

I think you'd be surprised of the pull. If they subbed the pyramid they'd easily be the biggest thing on at that moment. I don't think people on here are overblowing it that much. I've seen maybe one suggestion they'd headline but most of us don't expect that.

Glastonbury has a lot of attendees in their late 30s and 40s so can see them getting a decent crowd for sure.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's where I'm at too. Increasingly think APE will be one, but really hoping for an indoor gig.

APE on paper would seem perfect, but it being at the end of the summer throws the timelines off. Unless they're planning on doing a long run and swinging back to London.

I'm expecting the O2.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

APE on paper would seem perfect, but it being at the end of the summer throws the timelines off. Unless they're planning on doing a long run and swinging back to London.

I'm expecting the O2.

When is TRNSMT?

God I hope not the O2. Ally Pally, Brixton or Hammersmith please.

I actually don't want to see them at APE as I don't love it but I'll be there if they play it.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

When is TRNSMT?

God I hope not the O2. Ally Pally, Brixton or Hammersmith please.

I actually don't want to see them at APE as I don't love it but I'll be there if they play it.

TRNMT is early-mid July I think.

Went for O2 as it's the biggest indoor arena. Brixton/Hammersmith/AP would be incredible but I wouldn't fancy the scramble for tickets.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm expecting the O2.

So whats wrong with doing a short run, taking a break and keep going? Nobody needs to tour for 2 months straight anymore and have to have some logical loop of show bookings. If Pulp are being selective in what theyre doing then if a bunch of it is in june/july then theyll do that and then whatever else.