Volunteering 2023

neil93

5 hours ago, stuie said:

For those of you who are of a religious nature! 

Well, here it is folks - The Church @ Glastonbury Festival 2023 Crew application form.

Applications will only be considered from those living in Somerset or a neighbouring county and you will also need a current Church Minister Reference.

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival will be open from Wednesday 21st June to Monday 26th June 2023 during the festival and we will need crew members to be available on-site from 5pm, Tuesday 20th June to 1pm, Monday 26th June 2023. Please make sure you are available for these dates before applying.

All crew members also need to attend the mandatory training sessions at 6.30pm on the evening of Friday 9th June and all day on Saturday 10th June 2023. Further information will be sent to successful crew members.

Thank you for taking the time to read the form and apply.

God bless

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival Committee

The Glastonbury Festival Sanctuary Church application form.pdfUnavailable

The attachment doesn't work for me, anyone else have it?

On 1/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Maceos opening party was Wednesday 15 June last year, just looked back at the photos, and I think Tow and Hitch was Thursday , from memory 2019  they were a day or two earlier , but memory is a little hazy 🙂. I'm pretty sure they all close on the Sunday evening officially (or early Monday morning) 

The band I played at the festival with one year were offered a slot to play the Green Room Bar after the festival had finished, so they must at least have been open on the Monday night after the festival.

For the work reference, is this checked thoroughly? I’m a uni student and have only had one job for a few years before uni - a company that has now closed down and no longer exists - I have my manager’s work email but I doubt that they still use it as it’s a work email specifically for this company. Does this matter? Would Oxfam contact them? Or is it just to prove you’re committed to the volunteering role?

6 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

The band I played at the festival with one year were offered a slot to play the Green Room Bar after the festival had finished, so they must at least have been open on the Monday night after the festival.

Some crew bars definitely used to be open on the Monday after the festival, maybe things have changed.

29 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Some crew bars definitely used to be open on the Monday after the festival, maybe things have changed.

I was deep in the premises licence last night, fairly sure they're not allowed to serve alcohol after 5am Monday morning. Maybe they've tightened up on it since the premises licence was made permanent? 

Edited by Leyrulion

26 minutes ago, alf13 said:

For the work reference, is this checked thoroughly? I’m a uni student and have only had one job for a few years before uni - a company that has now closed down and no longer exists - I have my manager’s work email but I doubt that they still use it as it’s a work email specifically for this company. Does this matter? Would Oxfam contact them? Or is it just to prove you’re committed to the volunteering role?

It's not a work reference, just someone that "knows you in a professional capacity". 

So it could even be a uni personal tutor or something like that. I've used a friend that's also a doctor. 

It's literally a thing that pops into their inbox, and they click a button to say the information is correct. 

On 1/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, stuie said:

For those of you who are of a religious nature! 

Well, here it is folks - The Church @ Glastonbury Festival 2023 Crew application form.

Applications will only be considered from those living in Somerset or a neighbouring county and you will also need a current Church Minister Reference.

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival will be open from Wednesday 21st June to Monday 26th June 2023 during the festival and we will need crew members to be available on-site from 5pm, Tuesday 20th June to 1pm, Monday 26th June 2023. Please make sure you are available for these dates before applying.

All crew members also need to attend the mandatory training sessions at 6.30pm on the evening of Friday 9th June and all day on Saturday 10th June 2023. Further information will be sent to successful crew members.

Thank you for taking the time to read the form and apply.

God bless

The Church @ Glastonbury Festival Committee

The Glastonbury Festival Sanctuary Church application form.pdfUnavailable

Strangely there is a band called Oh my god it’s the Church

17 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Strangely there is a band called Oh my god it’s the Church

Very good and lots of fun actually! Saw them on the Greenpeace tree in 2019 I think! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenelk said:

Sorry it it's been asked before, but with Oxfam on the 1st, is there a time the slots usually open?  

They've just stated mid-morning at the mo - typically on the day they tend to announce a specific time via social media, but itll be around 11am ish based on previous years. Could be 10.30, might be midday, but if you've cleared the decks for that morning, chances are you're best placed to give it a decent bash. Good luck! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

If I remember rightly …. You can give login to a few people .. so might be worth a few attempting to help 

If someone does share login details, it's worth remembering that the deposit payment is taken at the point of reserving the place so would need to share card details as well (or have them pay for you).

I'm naturally cautious about sharing details for a variety of reasons - so I'd personally not recommend doing it. I realise people may take the risk anyway so I will say that at minimum if sharing details please do make sure that the password isn't one that you've also used elsewhere (or similar to).

9 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Sorry it it's been asked before, but with Oxfam on the 1st, is there a time the slots usually open?  

Also worth mentioning that although glasto disappears almost immediately with Oxfam, it has a history of then reappearing 10, 15 mins later. 

Last year places were available like this for about 30 mins... If I recall correctly. I bagged 3 pals tickets this way.

It's been said many times before here. If you're prepared and persevere... You will be at the farm!

13 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Wot          Surely your login is just for you

Obviously.….but if you are tied up at registration time you may choose to give your email log in details, and Oxfam log in details, and card details, to someone and ask them to bag a place for you.

Its a lot. It’s the kind of thing you’d probably only ask your mum to do!

I’ve managed to get places for friends when several of us were logged in at the same time on one account. Typically all Glastonbury places are reserved in the first minute and it doesn’t hold your place if you have it in your basket (so to speak). So the time it takes to enter credit card details is a factor. Get shortcuts saved into your device as every second counts. 

But…

I agree with comments from @Scrump, when payments don’t go through for various reasons, the places suddenly become available again. This is also the case after the 7 days cooling off, after the main ticket resale and randomly when the festival plugs gaps in staffing.  There wasn’t a regular on this thread who didn’t get to the festival in 2022. 

TL;DR - from Scrump’s post above…

“If you're prepared and persevere... You will be at the farm!”

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:25 PM, Greenelk said:

On 1/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

If I remember rightly …. You can give login to a few people .. so might be worth a few attempting to help 

If you have any helpers make sure that they have your postcode. This was required in 2022 in the security check. Good luck! 🤞

• Like 1