Volunteering 2023

neil93

14 minutes ago, APLTree said:

argh missed these again!! Does anyone know if I can add alerts to my phone? I am permanently glued to my phone so shouldn't be missing these but here I am. I tried using the distill app but I can't get it to work?

I’m in the same boat, I’ve got a volunteering position but trying to secure one for a friend. When I attempt to set up distill it goes back to the Oxfam login page rather than the festival selection drop down. I am using the app on IOS rather than a Chrome extension, is this the issue?

55 minutes ago, Bolivia95 said:

I’m in the same boat, I’ve got a volunteering position but trying to secure one for a friend. When I attempt to set up distill it goes back to the Oxfam login page rather than the festival selection drop down. I am using the app on IOS rather than a Chrome extension, is this the issue?

Use the desktop app, you can then link it to the app on your phone to send you alerts.

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how did you sleep ? sunk in yet ? 🙂 

I struggled to be honest, couldn't get to sleep then woke up a couple of times and couldn't get back to sleep. Also had Glasto related dreams. Went for a swim this morning so hopefully that'll help me sleep better tomorrow.

Now i'm stressing over the reference. The person who I put down hasn't seen the Whatsapp I sent him asking him to reply and it's his birthday today so may be busy having fun somewhere. The fact that i've got 7 days puts me a bit at ease though, but I just want to get it all sorted. I have book my online training though so I have made progress.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I struggled to be honest, couldn't get to sleep then woke up a couple of times and couldn't get back to sleep. Also had Glasto related dreams. Went for a swim this morning so hopefully that'll help me sleep better tomorrow.

Now i'm stressing over the reference. The person who I put down hasn't seen the Whatsapp I sent him asking him to reply and it's his birthday today so may be busy having fun somewhere. The fact that i've got 7 days puts me a bit at ease though, but I just want to get it all sorted. I have book my online training though so I have made progress.

When's your training?

I'm doing the 2pm one this coming Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Just been answered in an email from Oxfam, i've got 7 days.

The reference is something like two questions along the lines of  "Do you know them", and "are they a total wrongun".  Should take 30 seconds for your chosen person to fill in

14 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Can anyone DM the correct Oxfam Whatsapp group link? I asked for it via FB and got sent it but it won't load on my phone for some reason, i'm wondering if it's not correct.

Likewise...if someone could DM me the Oxfam Whatsapp group link-I'm still desperately trying to get a stewarding role for a mate

34 minutes ago, entropyhead said:

Likewise...if someone could DM me the Oxfam Whatsapp group link-I'm still desperately trying to get a stewarding role for a mate

28 minutes ago, Monkey Boy 44 said:

Me too please. I'm in but still trying for a friend. Thanks.

Pretty sure it's not a Whatsapp group for people looking for a spot but rather for people who have a spot to discuss shifts etc. Not sure what you'd get out of the group that you can't get from checking the website regularly, using Distil or keeping an eye on posts on here.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Pretty sure it's not a Whatsapp group for people looking for a spot but rather for people who have a spot to discuss shifts etc. Not sure what you'd get out of the group that you can't get from checking the website regularly, using Distil or keeping an eye on posts on here.

Are we meant to have been invited by oxfam if we already have a spot? I didn’t even know about it.

8 minutes ago, Glasto7 said:

Are we meant to have been invited by oxfam if we already have a spot? I didn’t even know about it.

You need to ask to be sent it via the Oxfam Festivals Chat group on Facebook - there's a thread in there you need to add your name to.