Cost of Living and Glastonbury

Crazyfool01

cost of living and Glastonbury   

344 members have voted

1. 1. with the cost of living rising will this impact the decision to buy Glastonbury tickets ?

• Yes ... im already priced out
    • I will try in oct but a decent chance I wont pay off balance
    • I will try in Oct and it likely ill pay off balance but not 100% sure
    • I will purchase them as usual and pay off as usual

3 hours ago, Cleoclaptrap said:

We're going to be buying twice the amount of wood for the burner this year. We'd normally use it as a boost in really cold weather but this winter I reckon it's going to be the main heat source for the house..

we're going to be using our wood burner as the primary source of heating, otherwise it could get expensive with me in the house all day.

21 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I mean in 2 sentences she gone from going to her grand daughter to use her heated home to declaring she won't be a burden to anyone.

This is why we are ruined as a country

As if her granddaughter’s bills won’t surge, highly doubt she’s in a more stable financial position than her.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolute crap … would encourage people to join any local marches that might happen … can’t see people lasting the winter without some riots tbh . 

I’m not sure matches or protests are considered in any way effective any more. They never seem to change a damn thing. 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Absolute crap … would encourage people to join any local marches that might happen … can’t see people lasting the winter without some riots tbh . 

^^ this. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m not sure matches or protests are considered in any way effective any more. They never seem to change a damn thing. 

Poll tax springs to mind ….we don’t do this anymore tbh because of laws that have been brought in … mass scale will impact in the end 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Burn down the Houses of Parliament - that should at least keep the protesters warm for a couple of days! 😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Burn down the Houses of Parliament - that should at least keep the protesters warm for a couple of days! 😉

Ha well I doubt this could happen despite my predictions of disorder … we do need a govt ( not this one obviously ) but do wonder how far we are from it all kicking off …. There is an enough is enough campaign I’ve seen but nothing seems to be massively coordinated (yet ) and not seen anything about marches in London which is where it will all start 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

This is just disgusting. The standing charge alone looking to be higher than my typical monthly bill. 

This is just corporate greed, and why is it happening? Because we don’t get up and do something about it.

Read this article and try not to gouge out your eyes. Typical old people feeling nostalgic for poverty, this weird attitude of “it was better in my day when we only had scraps for dinner and froze to death at night”. 

The tories have such a grip on old people because the older generation has shit self esteem and has romanticised the bootlicking life. I fucking hate it. Stop selling the new generations down the river because in your old age you’ve romanticised the days you were poor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-62631660

I really want to upvote this. Bang on.

If the government frame it right they could make any riots or protests look like they are against helping Ukraine. It only needs some heavy messaging that we're all in it together and that this is the price we pay to hurt Russia. Then the protestors/rioters are the enemy. In the world of social media its too easy to spin that sort of thing

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If the government frame it right they could make any riots or protests look like they are against helping Ukraine. It only needs some heavy messaging that we're all in it together and that this is the price we pay to hurt Russia. Then the protestors/rioters are the enemy. In the world of social media its too easy to spin that sort of thing

dont think that will wash tbh people become desperate .... they can spin all they like , when people have no food or heating , it'll happen im sure ..... very much up to others to cut through the spin 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont think that will wash tbh people become desperate .... they can spin all they like , when people have no food or heating , it'll happen im sure ..... very much up to others to cut through the spin 

Hope you're right - and yeah it does need people calling out those attempts when they inevitably happen 

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

When I was at primary school I remember learning about how we knew fossil fuels were going to run out and we had to come up with alternatives. I'm 45 now, primary school was a long time ago. Any government who would attempt that would get a mouthful about why we are still so reliant on an energy source that we've known for decades can't last forever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

When I was at primary school I remember learning about how we knew fossil fuels were going to run out and we had to come up with alternatives. I'm 45 now, primary school was a long time ago. Any government who would attempt that would get a mouthful about why we are still so reliant on an energy source that we've known for decades can't last forever. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/24/macron-warns-of-end-of-abundance-as-france-faces-difficult-winter France are trying it. I wonder how that will go down...

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

With me they'd be getting a fuck off if I found out this when I was about 6 then surely as the government you should be working on it since then. 

59 minutes ago, BumJuice said:

No one from the Government available for comment

Fuck the lot of them

Why not. Destroy the country and labour can inherit it. Or the public who absolutely love getting shafted will support them for it.

I know it’s wrong for me to blame the people, but I think there is something fundamentally broken in British society.

People are voting for this. People want this. Nothing will change until the great British public at large stop voting Tory.

Nothing will change until the people change, and I’m not hopeful when you hear the Tory voter base throwing out the whole “well back in my day I had barely any food on the table and froze to death and I think it was good for community” nonsense.

We are fighting a losing war because the great British public at large wants this. Low self esteem, low morale, low class consciousness, feels inferior when they hear a posh accent, thinks voting Tory will make them rich. We are fucking fucked as Muse say.

Genuinely think it will take a whole generation of voters passing away before anything changes.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nothing will change until the people change, and I’m not hopeful when you hear the Tory voter base throwing out the whole “well back in my day I had barely any food on the table and froze to death and I think it was good for community” nonsense.

And the 'they all lie' / 'they're all the same' nonsense - pretty much translates to "yes the country's gone to shit but how could voting for something different possibly change anything?" - I saw someone's comment that so what if Boris lies - at least he stuck up for the country - that was in reference to Truss v Sunak, general opinion being they'd vote for Boris again.  Nobody with these kind of thoughts in their heads are ever going to help steer us away from where we are.