Coldplay - Why the hate?

Alvoram

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

Can I just ask, when Coldplay headlined in 2016, how did people get the light-up wristbands? Did they come with the ticket, or did you have to collect them there?

I swear there was a van handing them out. Good question though as I can’t remember how I got mine.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I swear there was a van handing them out. Good question though as I can’t remember how I got mine.

Fair enough, cheers! Was interested to know, because was thinking about the last time I saw Taylor she had the wristbands too, and if she is headlining next year and implements them, how we'd actually get them.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Can I just ask, when Coldplay headlined in 2016, how did people get the light-up wristbands? Did they come with the ticket, or did you have to collect them there?

They also had a scheme whereby you could exchange a full back of litter for a wristband - I think this was happening in the camping fields in the morning / early afternoon.

37 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

They also had a scheme whereby you could exchange a full back of litter for a wristband - I think this was happening in the camping fields in the morning / early afternoon.

Awaits Cauliflower ears. I got mine by nicking someone's tent and handing that in

I know wouldn't be seen dead at Coldplay etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Awaits Cauliflower ears. I got mine by nicking someone's tent and handing that in

Or Skip who got a wristband and watched it flash in the craft field while smoking a couple spliffs. 

8 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Struggling to remember what I was doing during Coldplay, probably watching Earth, Wind and Fire on West Holts.

3 hours ago, stanh said:

They were given out just next to the ice cream van at the back of the pyramid field. When I got home I opened one up, did a bit a electronic butchery and managed to get it to light up. Still got it.  

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They were given out just next to the ice cream van at the back of the pyramid field. When I got home I opened one up, did a bit a electronic butchery and managed to get it to light up. Still got it.  

Unreal, cheers for all the answers guys! Much appreciated 

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Did you figure out the tech. Like how it is controlled?

On the current tour they draw shapes in the crowd (like love hearts) without any idea of where anybody will be sat or stood when they hand them out, so I'm thinking that there must be some kind of location tech / radio triangulation in them, well in the latest generation anyway. 

46 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

To answer the title of the thread - because Chris Martin gets everywhere?

If he's not doing the full Elton John a week on Monday at the funeral, I'll be slightly shocked.

That would give me my only reason to watch … hopefully someone might publish the set time so I don’t catch anything else 

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Apparently also given out at the campsite steward caravans and information points as well as the pyramid field entry points … couldn’t track any down unfortunately… must have thought I was lit up enough 😀

A steward tried to give me one in the campsites, I told him I'd be literally anywhere but at Coldplay. ha ha

29 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Everyone says nooooooo! I hope so then it's just me & Chris, the new Simon & Garfunkel. I'm looking forward to the royalties 😄

(If it is Springsteen, Coldplay must be ruled out as there's supposedly 2 women headliners?)

IMG_5923.PNG

Springsteen's recent tour dates rule him out absolutely, so the Coldplay hope train still rolls, you lucky thing you...

30 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Everyone says nooooooo! I hope so then it's just me & Chris, the new Simon & Garfunkel. I'm looking forward to the royalties 😄

(If it is Springsteen, Coldplay must be ruled out as there's supposedly 2 women headliners?)

IMG_5923.PNG

Springsteen is ruled out now. Extra dates in the Netherlands

46 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

A steward tried to give me one in the campsites, I told him I'd be literally anywhere but at Coldplay. ha ha

The lights worked no matter where you were - i was at West Holts watching Earth wind and fire - to be fair to Chris and the 'playboys the spectacle was improved everywhere, wanging around light up wristbands to September was pretty bloody good! 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The lights worked no matter where you were - i was at West Holts watching Earth wind and fire - to be fair to Chris and the 'playboys the spectacle was improved everywhere, wanging around light up wristbands to September was pretty bloody good! 

When I got home I opened up the wristband, by passed some of the electronics and got it working. Always meant to put in a wee switch to control it. Think I’ll have a go if I get tickets for next year,if they headline.  That will confuse them😉😊

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

When I got home I opened up the wristband, by passed some of the electronics and got it working. Always meant to put in a wee switch to control it. Think I’ll have a go if I get tickets for next year,if they headline.  That will confuse them😉😊

I suspect they will have similar next year if they play 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I suspect they will have similar next year if they play 

Yes, was at their stadium gig in Glasgow last year and they had returnable reusable wristbands. At the end of the gig you just dropped them off at a collection point. Wonder how that would work on the field considering the movement of the crowd after a headliner.