ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

When does the registration for 2023 close?

We've got a newbie wanting to come that hasn't registered yet...

They should register ASAP,  cos it takes a little while to get approved.  There's no advantage with registering later. 

On 8/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, parsonjack said:

if you get a booking page then that session is allocated to you for 10 minutes.

This is also relevant if you get through to payment and the payment page keeps failing - once it's dead, it's dead - no point in re-trying payment. At that point you're pretty much stuffed for the rest of the 10 minutes. Been unlucky twice at this point.

Key thing is if one of you is through, the rest don't give up on getting you in. Also as people have said, there will be a load of people unlucky, stuck in the 10minutes of hell that has locked them out - that's your 10 minutes to get in after the thing has sold out.

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

This is also relevant if you get through to payment and the payment page keeps failing - once it's dead, it's dead - no point in re-trying payment. At that point you're pretty much stuffed for the rest of the 10 minutes. Been unlucky twice at this point.

Key thing is if one of you is through, the rest don't give up on getting you in. Also as people have said, there will be a load of people unlucky, stuck in the 10minutes of hell that has locked them out - that's your 10 minutes to get in after the thing has sold out.

Guessing this is where a VPN + Incognito Window would come in clutch to avoid that payment page hell. In a sense that could swap your IP and refresh your cookie using incognito and try again instead of being stuck for 10 mins.

Edited by scatteredscreens

20 minutes ago, neil93 said:

Is the whole being abroad thing a myth, we have a pal who will be in Australia and trying from there.

We've gotten ours waiting in an airport - that's stressful as if the flight starts to board they can get a bit shitty about you actively using your phone.  Definitely you 'can' buy tickets from other countries, but it's anecdotal rather than being a myth.  I'd imagine by the time your IP traffic reaches the seetickets' servers that it doesn't give a crap where your server request originated?

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

I'd imagine by the time your IP traffic reaches the seetickets' servers that it doesn't give a crap where your server request originated?

Yep.

Anyone banging on about location has missed the point. There's potentially conversations to be had about the nature of the connection (are you behind NAT, proxied, etc) but that's a whole other story.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, crazyfool1 said:

what are your Ticket day tips and tricks ? or do you believe its just down to wearing lucky pants  on the day ? 

Ultimately you need a big chunk of luck but my motto is control the controllables to maximise the opportunity.  I'm in a group of 4 and none of my mates have got anywhere near and I'm 8 in a row and I know I'm on borrowed time but this is what I do.

• Have all postcodes and registration numbers as hot keys e.g. Ctrl 1 = Postcode 1, Ctrl 2 = Registration 1 & so on...
  • Setup my main PC with auto browser refresh working on 4 different browsers e.g. IE, Chrome, Firefox & Opera
  • Setup my laptop with auto browser refresh working on 4 different browsers e.g. IE, Chrome, Firefox & Opera
  • Turn WiFi off my smartphone so it's using the carrier network
  • Press manual F5 on a 5th browser (Safari) on my laptop and keep refreshing my phone and see what gets through first

Hardest thing is watching all the auto refreshers (be ready to stop it quickly if successful) and the manual refreshers to see what gets through first but I don't go mad - I just refresh every few seconds until I get through.

Oh and cross your fingers and toes!

p.s. In the 8 successful attempts I've been successful on hotel WiFi in a Blackpool hotel, hotel WiFi following a wedding, my phone and using auto refresh and manual refresh so there is no pattern.  I was also successful when someone found a back door using a config change on the PC to force it to look at a different SeeTickets server....it's random!!!

Edited by The Other Steve
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, GField1399 said:

In terms of IP, is it local or public? 

So multiple devices connected to the same wifi, will seetickets see that as one device refreshing loads or multiple?

see  sessions which are fixed to the device, not the ip address.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, crazyfool1 said:

so its 300 days till gates open and 37 days until  ticket day and hopefully as many of us as possible get through those gates to this ....

what are your Ticket day tips and tricks ? or do you believe its just down to wearing lucky pants  on the day ? 

There are many worthwhile tips and tricks but for the best chance of success when using them ALWAYS wear your lucky pants. 

4 chances folks .... and thats without the working option .... ive been persuaded on the bus option after 14 festivals of not trying it ...... and the debacle of getting 2 friends bus tickets in the initial sale last time and not my own !!

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ICESTONE said:

do we still think tickets are going to be hard to come by what with the massive increase in inflation and cost of living,

Glasto must use an awful lot of energy and all thats going to need paying for.

10/15% inflation and that increase that should put tickets at £350-£400.

Yes, I’m sure it’ll still be hard to get a ticket. Highly likely to be some drop off in demand but I reckon it won’t have an obvious impact on ticket day. Even if it’s 10% less.