ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

11 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Good point

They also last a lot longer, effectively making them cheaper in the long run

not true, the only non working phone in my house is an iphone, bought secondhand at a steep price (used for testing apple compatibility).

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

3 weeks to the day for bus sale … bricking it 🙂 

So it is, I'm trying to not think about it too much, but it is incredibly difficult. Trying to figure out in my head how many devices I can potentially have on the go without losing track, that's probably not the best conversation right now though, might be the straw that breaks the camels back for some.

out of interest, is the initial deposit for coach tickets more than the £50.00 in general sale?

3 minutes ago, neil93 said:

So it is, I'm trying to not think about it too much, but it is incredibly difficult. Trying to figure out in my head how many devices I can potentially have on the go without losing track, that's probably not the best conversation right now though, might be the straw that breaks the camels back for some.

out of interest, is the initial deposit for coach tickets more than the £50.00 in general sale?

I only got bus in the resale and its the first time ive gone the bus route ...  but I think you pay the full cost of the coach journey and the £50 deposit ( not confirmed ) for the ticket

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I only got bus in the resale and its the first time ive gone the bus route ...  but I think you pay the full cost of the coach journey and the £50 deposit ( not confirmed ) for the ticket

Yes, that's how it normally goes.  I wouldn't be surprised if the deposit goes up this year - I'm predicting £80.

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No hassle, I got general sale tickets for this year and paid for the bus separately (£190.00 return from glasgow) 

Was a bit apprehensive about doing the bus, but it all went very smoothly, only downside being the limitations in what you can carry from bus to campsite, my god that is some walk...wellies, joggies and a hoodie defo didn't help considering it was 20 odd degreees at 9am.

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yep, in Oct 2019 I paid £50 ticket deposit and £50 full cost of the coach from Oxford.

I then paid the balance in April 2022.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im presuming they take an admin fee if you choose to cancel .... on top of the admin fee for the ticket ? 

Yes. Admin fees break down as:
£25 for a ticket
£10 for a coach
£15 for live-ins
£25 for tipis
£20 for other accommodation

So if someone had really splashed out could cumulatively go north of 50 quid.

4 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

I see the stress of ticket day has already got a bit too much for some.

Posted from iPhone

And just to add to the stress I see that Charlie’s  coronation will be held next spring or early summer, a date in June is rumoured. As long as it’s a Monday or Tuesday. 😉

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And just to add to the stress I see that Charlie’s  coronation will be held next spring or early summer, a date in June is rumoured. As long as it’s a Monday or Tuesday. 😉

Monday 19th would be spot on. I've got the Tuesday onwards booked as annual leave for the Festival, so to have the entire week off would be ideal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes, that's how it normally goes.  I wouldn't be surprised if the deposit goes up this year - I'm predicting £80.

you could be right that it goes up, but the amount doesn't really matter  so there's no real need to increase it.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Monday 19th would be spot on. I've got the Tuesday onwards booked as annual leave for the Festival, so to have the entire week off would be ideal.

Not for me, as a contractor, I only get paid for days I work, so I'd be absolutely skint in June if there was another enforced day off.