ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, two weeks for the average person who isn't so aware of the pattern of ticket day... Glasto might just like having a three week break between the announcement and the actual sale.

No idea how many extra staff SeeT need to have in on the Thurs/Sun for coach and main sale tickets though. I wouldn't have thought it'd be that many. It's all done on servers, isn't it!?*

*this coming from a total non-tech buff.

personally i'd love a delay as Iam on holiday and it would mean I wont have to get up at 2am ish

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

No idea how many extra staff SeeT need to have in on the Thurs/Sun for coach and main sale tickets though. I wouldn't have thought it'd be that many. It's all done on servers, isn't it!?*

Yea but then server will need to be monitored, so they will have extra support availability, etc.

also evenings and weekends are normal time for system changes/patches, so a change freeze might need to be implemented. 

2 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

A few of our group are looking to try for Campervan passes for next year. Do these usually go on sale before or after the main tickets or at the same time?

a few weeks after, you need a glastonbury ticket to then be able to purchase a cv ticket

Edited by gazzared

2 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

A few of our group are looking to try for Campervan passes for next year. Do these usually go on sale before or after the main tickets or at the same time?

After on the sunday . Edit maybe that was just resale 

Edited by Crazyfool01

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least a 10% increase, surely over the £300 mark, anyway. I think your prediction is about right. Still great value at that figure, but it's going to stretch some people, particularly families. 

But then what happens in 2024 when its £20 more again. We've talked about people's budgetary limits, and that reality is going to hit very hard the next couple of years. Plenty of talk that just £300 was too much for some. So either you dont do anything else and just go to this or you dont go to this and do lots of other stuff. Families would likely want to do more than one outing per year I figure. 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Big risk IMO.

What if it's a wash out?

What if, for whatever reason, you have a bad one?

Well apparently you cant have a bad one according to some folk. I mean if you wanna get into that discussion then the seasoned ones understand that. You likely get an influx of new attendees who dont fully understand what can happen at the fest or arent prepared if lots of people choose to return their ticket or not try on T day. Its a tough spot anyway cause most people are going to try and not care if its a wash out or not the best anyway because you never know if its your last, so might as well go while you can if you got the ticket. Im pretty content on not going next year and likely would try 2024 or 2025 cause no way am I going 2026 since the World Cup is in my backyard.

I think wash outs have been halted due to all the new drainage GF has implemented. Of course, if there's something extreme happening like never before, there could still be a wash out.

Aside from that, I generally don't see the festival losing its status as the premier festival in the UK and therefore the most sought after for tickets.

I do see a slow down in demand in the next couple of years due to inflation/recession, but 300 quid is already a massive bargain for the events/bands on offer. I think most goers get that and that's another part of the appeal over other fests.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

But then what happens in 2024 when its £20 more again. We've talked about people's budgetary limits, and that reality is going to hit very hard the next couple of years. Plenty of talk that just £300 was too much for some. So either you dont do anything else and just go to this or you dont go to this and do lots of other stuff. Families would likely want to do more than one outing per year I figure. 

There's going to come a point when cost absolutely is a factor to be considered for some. Up until now, I think the majority of people will happily pay the fee, regardless of lineup, weather from the previous year, how busy it might have been, etc. Maybe for the first time, the cost is the major consideration for a greater number of regulars? Will we see a slowdown in immediate demand because of it? Probably not this year, but chuck a wet/muddy one in, some lacklustre headline sets, Bryan Ferry, maybe a repeat of the overcrowding issues, an extra £20 on this year's price and a difficult economic climate and you never know, come October 2023...

25 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think wash outs have been halted due to all the new drainage GF has implemented. Of course, if there's something extreme happening like never before, there could still be a wash out.

Aside from that, I generally don't see the festival losing its status as the premier festival in the UK and therefore the most sought after for tickets.

I do see a slow down in demand in the next couple of years due to inflation/recession, but 300 quid is already a massive bargain for the events/bands on offer. I think most goers get that and that's another part of the appeal over other fests.

If and when Glastonbury struggles, I think it's safe to say that the rest of the industry is in real trouble

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I swear 2016 was a washout and not much has changed since then?