ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Do we think there's any chance that this delay could be pointing to a new system for getting tickets? Perhaps doing away with the mad rush of everyone at the same time?

I can't see it, but it does seem a bit out of line with what's happened previously.

No, not in the slightest.

They've already started to prepare the usual system. Maybe we'll see the odd tweak, but no chance of any substantial change.

5 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Do we think there's any chance that this delay could be pointing to a new system for getting tickets? Perhaps doing away with the mad rush of everyone at the same time?

I can't see it, but it does seem a bit out of line with what's happened previously.

Yes, the new system is called The Glastonburying. 

Johnny Depp in drag due to be the ticket puller.

Hero's Journey in The Hunger Games by Mrs. Guin

45 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Maybe … 

2AF85E97-4DF1-4B0E-87B6-56AE63F1BCBB.png

41 minutes ago, incident said:

They've already started to prepare the usual system. Maybe we'll see the odd tweak, but no chance of any substantial change.

Have they? there's just a page up on seetickets - could be absolutely anything behind it

1 hour ago, incident said:

hopefully they'll remove the water bottles from the payment page

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Still reckon they might be waiting for today’s announcement on help for business and how it might impact the festival and it’s associated businesses before setting a ticket price. 

That would be a pretty late call to set a price , if that is true then I can’t see the ticket sales going ahead the normal weeks 

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I can't disagree with any of this. 

I wonder if the perceived delay in ticket sale announcement could mean a different payment structure? A monthly payment plan like you suggest?

Here's a big question: what would it mean to people if they scrapped the deposit scheme and needed full payment up at point of sale? Would it still sell out immediately? Would it weed out those who absolutely intend to go from those chancing their arm by securing a ticket in October via the deposit and making a final decision at a later date, safe in the knowledge that they'd only lose £20? 

Could be. My guess it that with all the economic uncertainty and inflationary pressure it’s very challenging for the festival to fix a price that is needed for their financial stability as well as being seen to be a reasonable charge for us punters. If they get it wrong, either too high or too low, it has serious consequences. 

This is a new experience, stressing when the sale will be. Just when you think there’s nothing more to worry about the ticket scramble .  The last panic I had was whether or not to leave a gap in the postcode when filling out the ticket application😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i reckon the delay is all about setting a price,  costs will have gone up, and they'll have to guess at how much.

Is it an absolute must that they announce the final ticket price at this stage?

They could quite easily run with the usual £50 deposit and announce at the same time that due to rising costs / inflation the total confirmed ticket cost will be announced in good time before the balances need to be paid off.

At what point was the total ticket price announced for the 2022 festival?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

They could quite easily run with the usual £50 deposit and announce at the same time that due to rising costs / inflation the total confirmed ticket cost will be announced in good time before the balances need to be paid off.

If that happens I think we would see the most tickets in the resale , think the festival know there playing with small margins here 

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

No idea about the legal side but I think that morally, at least, if they did that they'd need to offer free refunds once they did announce a price.