ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Just now, brettredmayne said:

I do think the fact that the festival are delaying shows discussions are ongoing about something 

As shown earlier on in the thread they haven’t really delayed anything yet. We’re still in the window for announcements.

Reckon we’ll have something by the end of the week.

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Maybe we could be looking at £349 😮

Is it wrong that I don’t think that is that bad!? For what you get circa £350 is pretty decent (I realise for some that won’t be the case).

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

massive, sadly

a lot of the smaller festivals claim they couldn't survive without alcohol sales, hence why some limit the amount of booze you can bring in

Festivals don't make money till they make money so thats why. Its not like they make £10 per ticket regardless of how many they sell - instead the final 5k or whatever are pure profit + bar sales. Its why that often changes right before the festival too.

22 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I do think the fact that the festival are delaying shows discussions are ongoing about something 

They aren't though - this just isn't confirmed? As Gnomicide showed last page we're still on normal track based on current predicted sale dates (on track for similar gap between announcement and the coach sale)

----

Just looked and Reading is on sale, £10 more than last year if I recall correctly.

Glasto managed to do only up £15 in 2 years, could predictions of £325 be a bit much ?? I reckon £310 would be the absolute most honestly (up £30 still)

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Is it wrong that I don’t think that is that bad!? For what you get circa £350 is pretty decent (I realise for some that won’t be the case).

Arguably there's only so much you can do in 5 days (which not everyone gets too).

Still good value imo act wise etc, but there comes a point where the value is just not there vs a £150-200 mid size festival where you can see the same amount of acts that are still of a similar calibre if the lineup suits you

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah especially when my daughter paid £300 for creamfields 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Arguably there's only so much you can do in 5 days (which not everyone gets too).

Still good value imo act wise etc, but there comes a point where the value is just not there vs a £150-200 mid size festival where you can see the same amount of acts that are still of a similar calibre if the lineup suits you

Good point about too much being on.

Yeah there will be a ceiling where it is too much, I’m not quite sure where that it though. 

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

Each to their own but not for me that one!

11 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I think if you like the DJs then its fairly good value. Clashes at headliner time are worse than Glastonbury level imo i think but it doesn't go as late etc.

Just looked friday has 5 WHP / ally pally headliners i'd go see, saturday has one on like all stages (about 10) + literally david guetta and calvin harris clashing and then sunday has 5 more too. Its pretty stacked you just have even less chance of seeing everything than glasto!

edit: which is probably why they book the same acts every year!

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Reading is £265 next year with early entry, plus £20 for booking fee. 

At least the booking fee for the big G isn't too high.

Reading and TM are the same company so its all going to them anyway, just a different way of putting it. That actually makes them the exact same price when you think about it. (well 2023 reading is 2022 glasto)

29 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Reading is £265 next year with early entry, plus £20 for booking fee. 

At least the booking fee for the big G isn't too high.

Only £5 but an essentially mandatory £10 postage fee and more expensive parking (£50 Vs £36) make them slightly cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

That'd be £450 plus fees and transport. Making it about a £750 weekend. 

29 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Only £5 but an essentially mandatory £10 postage fee and more expensive parking (£50 Vs £36) make them slightly cheaper. 

That'd be £450 plus fees and transport. Making it about a £750 weekend. 

Yeah true, probably more with spending money at the site too. For me it’s my holiday for the year so I’m happy to spend that. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I guess when you look at headliners you’d quite probably look at £100 per headliner …. But how many times people would pay that in a year would be a question …. Working out value is quite hard to do . 

Yeah I paid £116 for stones and £106 for Elton but justified the cost as I think that's the only chance I'd have to see them..... although if Elton does play Glastonbury I'll probably watch him again because he was brilliant ( if he clashes with prodigy then that would be difficult to miss)

Working out the monetary value of anything including the festival is difficult. It’s subjective, based on personal circumstances, desire for it and opinions. That’s why the way Glastonbury sells their tickets is probably the best way, it prevents the tickets being touted for extortionate amounts and hopefully gives a greater number of folk a chance to afford a ticket.  But the reality this year is that the festival will have to deal with rising prices, inflation , increases in wage and fuel costs and the cancellation of two previous festivals.  I’m sure the festival will do it’s best to set a realistic price. 

32 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Postage and parking can be split with a number of people to reduce the per ticket charge

You can for reading as well. If you assume split between four people my maths makes it a total cost per person of £297 for reading and £305 for Glastonbury. 

Which to be totally fair is a £32 add on for Reading and £20 add on for Glasto.

Glastonbury looks like it doesn't have a high booking fee but it's actually pretty similar to competitors once you factor in mandatory/minimum costs. 

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

You can for reading as well. If you assume split between four people my maths makes it a total cost per person of £297 for reading and £305 for Glastonbury. 

Which to be totally fair is a £32 add on for Reading and £20 add on for Glasto.

Glastonbury looks like it doesn't have a high booking fee but it's actually pretty similar to competitors once you factor in mandatory/minimum costs. 

Another thing to consider for glasto is that you also basically have to have a car / get the coach which is a decent amount of money. Not least because you have to bring all your drinks with you

Plenty of people just get the train / shuttle buses to Reading or get dropped off by their parents etc. Can buy the booze at the co-op which is very fairly priced for a festival

Edited by gfa

39 minutes ago, gfa said:

Another thing to consider for glasto is that you also basically have to have a car / get the coach which is a decent amount of money. Not least because you have to bring all your drinks with you

Plenty of people just get the train / shuttle buses to Reading or get dropped off by their parents etc. Can buy the booze at the co-op which is very fairly priced for a festival

I mean technically you can get the train to Glastonbury but it's not cheap and you have the same problem with not being able to bring much.

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

Reading also has the advantage of releasing the line up before the tickets go on sale proper and day tickets if you don't fancy the weekend. I've always hated the fact that you have to pay the full outlay for Glasto before the line up is announced, although there is always enough to see usually. Being able to go off site to Reading town center is also a massive plus to get food/drink cheaply. 

2 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Reading also has the advantage of releasing the line up before the tickets go on sale proper and day tickets if you don't fancy the weekend. I've always hated the fact that you have to pay the full outlay for Glasto before the line up is announced, although there is always enough to see usually. Being able to go off site to Reading town center is also a massive plus to get food/drink cheaply. 

I've never considered any of those things disadvantages about going to Glastonbury

1. I've always been able to find something I want to see or do pretty much all the time

2. You usually get most of the line up before the balance payment is due

3. Aren't you comparing apples and oranges with bringing food and drink? Plenty of people being enough of either for the whole event and can take it anywhere they like. That's not true at Reading is it?