12 minutes ago, Mackem said:

2022 - 41 days 😳 

2020 - 16

2019 - 17

2017 - 24

2016 - 13 

2015 - 14

2014 - 17

Just seems weird they'd post the dates to fit the usual pattern for a 15 day lag then announce it's a month later. Maybe they got sick how long this thread was and did it to shut us up ... In which case it hasn't worked 🤔 

Presumably they wanted to announce it before the expected date, so we don't turn up on seetickets in October hammering f5 for nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can't believe the sale date has moved. 

Of all the things which didn't have a pattern the sale date was the one thing that did.

Is nothing sacred anymore 😂

The only other certainty was Balance Deadline Day being early April, until 2022, but it's back at 7th April for the 6th time.

Just now, maelzoid said:

The rising interest rates will have a serious impact on the loans that the fest need to take out.

Rising energy costs will obviously have an impact.

Plummeting pound will have an impact.

It all depends what the govt does to mitigate this, but a very uncertain time to plan an event.

Of course, if the price comes out after ticket day, there'll be even more uproar!

Worse than when people (on here at least) threw their toys out of the pram about the full line up release date?

Just now, maelzoid said:

The rising interest rates will have a serious impact on the loans that the fest need to take out.

Rising energy costs will obviously have an impact.

Plummeting pound will have an impact.

It all depends what the govt does to mitigate this, but a very uncertain time to plan an event.

Of course, if the price comes out after ticket day, there'll be even more uproar!

probs nothing then given the 'mini'-budget today

it must be a nail biting exercise for the festival, but I really hope they don't go the route of, give us the 50 quid and we'll tell you the price later. My younger sister is wanting to go and she's at Uni, be a hard sell for her to budget a undisclosed cost. That wasn't something I had to worry about at my first fest when I was at Uni myself.

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

It would be a sensible plan to do this. They should say why though, I think most people would accept it as a legit reason

They often find themselves in a damned if they do, damned if they don't, situation. If they were to suggest that the reason they're holding off is to wait and see if there are any fluctuation in costs, they'd get accused of profiteering, particularly from those outside of the festival, those not intending to go, certain areas of the media, etc. Personally, I can't see why a November sale is such an issue, I appreciate that people are nervous about securing a ticket and they like to know what's happening but it is what is is. I'm not entirely sure it works that way, but by having the sale a month later, they'll forego a month's worth of revenue in their accounts. In terms of ticket cost, if you get a maximum of £350 in your head as a budget figure, that should easily cover it. And I've got absolutely no doubt the usual cancellation/refund terms will apply once again. 

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

probs nothing then given the 'mini'-budget today

it must be a nail biting exercise for the festival, but I really hope they don't go the route of, give us the 50 quid and we'll tell you the price later. My younger sister is wanting to go and she's at Uni, be a hard sell for her to budget a undisclosed cost. That wasn't something I had to worry about at my first fest when I was at Uni myself.

Calm down eh, that would seem extremely unlikely. 

22 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

No price confirmed, and sale date a month later than usual....anyone have a suspicion as to why?

Probably due to the economic uncertainty at the moment. Who knows what is happening to inflation, cost of fuel, wages and hire of infrastructure. Every business is in the same situation. It’s very possible in November they will be able to fix the full price, announce it and that’s why they’ve delayed the sale until then. Obviously the festival are aware of all the speculation so put out todays info. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Probably due to the economic uncertainty at the moment. Who knows what is happening to inflation, cost of fuel, wages and hire of infrastructure. Every business is in the same situation. It’s very possible in November they will be able to fix the full price, announce it and that’s why they’ve delayed the sale until then. Obviously the festival are aware of all the speculation so put out todays info. 

It is what it is, but it also worries me that we are going to see a huge increase in the ticket price.  

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

It is what it is, but it also worries me that we are going to see a huge increase in the ticket price.  

Same. Not the fault of the festival but the political hellscape we're in at the moment. That plummeting pound is bound to cause issues for booking international acts like some have discussed. I reckon it'll be around £325-350 a ticket.

I must say that's a bit of a touch for me, I foolishly signed up to run the Bournemouth Half Marathon on the 'usual' ticket day so now I can run in peace and my family come to watch! 

As everyone said, surely down to finalising budgets for the ticket price. 

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If you are unable to come to the Festival, and require a refund for your ticket, please contact See Tickets by emailing glastonbury@seetickets.com or at www.seetickets.com/customerservice before midnight Friday May 5th 2023 to log your request for a refund.

An administration charge will be retained from all refunded tickets.

It is not possible to cancel part of the booking – if you are unable to travel on your allotted coach you will need to cancel your ticket booking.

Refund Protection is available to book when paying your ticket balance, so that a refund of the value of your Ticket can be provided to you if you cannot attend the Festival due to the circumstances set out in the Terms and Conditions. Refund Protection is subject to an additional charge per person when paying the balance for your tickets. NB: Refund Protection is only available when making a balance payment or full ticket booking.

Refund Protection provides cover for a range of specified unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you being able to attend the Festival. Alternatively, you may wish to check whether your ticket is covered elsewhere.

Tickets are non-refundable after the deadline of Friday May 5th 2023. However, if you have purchased the Refund Protection for your ticket and if your reason for not being able to attend is included, a refund application can be made through the Refund Protection scheme.

Please note that Refund Protection will not cover the loss of your ticket, or any circumstances which could be considered foreseeable. Unfortunately, if tickets are delivered to ticket holders, and subsequently lost, destroyed or misplaced, we cannot replace them.

Is that a full refund , normally you lose part of your deposit 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Same. Not the fault of the festival but the political hellscape we're in at the moment. That plummeting pound is bound to cause issues for booking international acts like some have discussed. I reckon it'll be around £325-350 a ticket.

I was hoping for around the £300 mark, but I think you're right....the festival will be trying to keep it as low as possible but we all know from our day to day lives that everything is costing a lot more than it did 12 months ago.

I think it could be around the £350 mark with all the booking fees etc.  

24 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I thought it was bad when I was in NYC last month and a pint of Heineken cost me $16.50 in some places and it worked out at about £13, that's going to be £16.50 before soon...

bloody hell....Iam going chicago in 2 weeks and have been looking at all the bars and prices, seems alot cheaper than new york. I think i'll be going here alot haha Chicago Brewhouse River walk festival CHI-TOBERFEST 2022

ChicagoBrewhouse-menufall22_Page_1.png

Just now, gazzared said:

bloody hell....Iam going chicago in 2 weeks and have been looking at all the bars and prices, seems alot cheaper than new york. I think i'll be going here alot haha Chicago Brewhouse River walk festival CHI-TOBERFEST 2022

There were the odd places you could get a pint for about $10 (plus tip) but most were hovering at around the $15-$20 mark. 😞 

Bear in mind I was drinking in tourist traps in Manhattan though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

Is it me, or calling Octoberfest, Chi-toberfest, with the way the 'chi' is pronounced, make it sound 'Shit-oberfest'. 

They've dropped the ball there.

• Like 1