ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

52 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah public VPN's are bad. 

I had success using my work VPN though as that just puts me through to use my work ISP which funny enough is the same one Seetickets use 😄 

We recently changed all our systems for work though and dont use VPN anymore so im just figuring out how seetickets handles netskope. I think im going to fail miserably on ticket day now haha 

Does this actually help and if so what does Seetickets use? Intrigued to see if mine is possibly the same as theirs if this is helpful 🙂 

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Sessions or IPs, I don't mind which is getting rate limited.  How come I can block the site on one browser and then move to a different browser and it's also blocked until enough time has passed such that both browsers are unblocked, whereas your (home?) computer seems to block one browser but allow the other to continue as normal?

That's why I ask how much above 60 hits per 60 seconds, just trying to understand it.  Is my crappy Virgin media router assigning the same IP&/Session to all of my browsers whereas something different is happening for you?

Has to be IP to be able to lock you out across different sessions. And its juts a constant rate of more than 60 per minute (1 per second once you reach the minute limit I think) to lock you out. If you hit the lockout then you have to wait 20 seconds or you just keep re-locking yourself out. 

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Sessions or IPs, I don't mind which is getting rate limited.  How come I can block the site on one browser and then move to a different browser and it's also blocked until enough time has passed such that both browsers are unblocked, whereas your (home?) computer seems to block one browser but allow the other to continue as normal?

That's why I ask how much above 60 hits per 60 seconds, just trying to understand it.  Is my crappy Virgin media router assigning the same IP&/Session to all of my browsers whereas something different is happening for you?

We're guessing that there's more than one server that you could land on.  If both your browsers land on the same server, both browsers might be blocked.

I've just tried again a few times and had different results each time. 

It definitely depends on the server you land on. 

First test, locked out on Chrome, Edge and iphone on same wifi also locked out

Second test, locked out on Chrome and Edge and iphone didn't lock out. 

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Maybe we are all just overthinking it? 😄 

Just have a couple of devices and refresh often but not too fast. Simple. 

If your lucks in your lucks in 😄

There's 58 pages of this thread of people trying to increase their chances - instead of settling!

Edited by gfa

17 minutes ago, stuie said: 

First test, locked out on Chrome, Edge and iphone on same wifi also locked out

I’ve just managed to reproduce that twice. Only when really going for it in the refreshes though.

So maybe there is one limit per device and a different one per IP?

15 minutes ago, Havors said:

Maybe we are all just overthinking it? 😄 

Just have a couple of devices and refresh often but not too fast. Simple. 

If your lucks in your lucks in 😄

I think there's a lot of overthinking going on.

As I said (well, maybe not this directly) - I've done enough experimenting to be certain that it's not purely Browser Session based, but equally certain that it's not purely IP address either. My guess is that there's some form of Browser or Device Fingerprinting going on, but I can't prove that and I don't know exactly how it'd manifest.

At which point I decided I wasn't going to bother worrying about it anymore, and instead set myself up so that I wasn't going to trigger the limit regardless of what factors are in play.

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's 58 pages of this thread of people trying to increase their chances - instead of settling!

Never settle!  There's also at least one similar thread started for every sale ever - That's a lot of productivity that I think the government just doesn't give us enough credit for.

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Never settle!  There's also at least one similar thread started for every sale ever - That's a lot of productivity that I think the government just doesn't give us enough credit for.

yeah ive set them up for the last few festivals with the aim of confusing myself further , it works every time 

4 minutes ago, leath02 said:

For all the speculating and things we try and do to tip the odds in our favour, there will be newbies logging on for the very first time on Nov 3rd / 6th and bag tickets and wonder what all the fuss is about

Yeah, I do always wonder about the people who are done by 9:05 and go about their day. Must be an odd experience.

42 minutes ago, leath02 said:

For all the speculating and things we try and do to tip the odds in our favour, there will be newbies logging on for the very first time on Nov 3rd / 6th and bag tickets and wonder what all the fuss is about

Thats what our lot was like for this years resale!

4 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Wait so what does this mean? Do I not want to see this page when going for the tickets?

it's just the 'holding page' as we call it. when the server is too busy dealing with requests for tickets that it won't let you on to buy one. to be honest it's fairly ok because it means you're at least hitting the server. in 2018 I just had the webpage hanging so i wasnt even getting any requests in.